Help - Urgent - travel without I551 stamp

vijayt

My I485 approval date is 15 oct and I got the appointment for Passport Stamping on 20 dec.
I tried a walkin inteview at the INS office , but they are not allowing anyone without an appointment
Can I travel using Advance parole with out the I551 stamp. I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter

No, No, No

The same situation happened to my wife. Then i called up my lawyer he said after 485 Approval, Advance Parole and EAD becomes invalid.

Every Wednesdays first 50 applicant they are allowing without InfoPass. You can try that.

thanks

I happend to go to the INS office today (wednesday) morning, but they are not allowing anyone without appointment. I guess I will have to change my travel plans. Thanks for the response.

Please note, this is just my opinion, i am not a lawyer, use your own discretion.
vijayt,
i was in the same situation u r in. i called the uscis hotline and spoke to a "spervising" officer twice. both times, they told me that the AP was valid for travel. however, my lawyer was of the opinion that AP was invalid for travel after 485 approval.

However, i had decided that if i couldn't get my passport stamped, i would travel on my AP. Search the forums, there are posts of other people using their AP after 485 approval.

Luckily, i received my approval notice in the mail and was able to get my passport stamped in time, so didn't have to try to get back in using AP.

hope this helps.