Help: unclear RFE for BC !

227gc

Registered Users (C)
My Attorney has received an RFE from INS
requesting a copy of my BC showing my parentage which has been registered with civil authorities in India.

I had submitted a BC whic did not have all the columns filled up but had also submitted a parental affidavit.

The attorney is not very clear on what needs to be done but I can see these problems

1. Mother's name is missing(addressed in the affidavit however)

2. My name shows as: xyz alias abc where xyz is my birth first name
and abc is my current first name.
My birth name was really not used for any purposes and there are no
records with it.

3. Missing date of registration of my birth

Would it be a good idea to try and work with the civil office in INDIA
to rectify all these errors with a new BC or prepare multiple affidavits form both my parents stating
1. xyz was only a birth name as required by Indian traditions which may not be the same as in
school and subsequent records.

2. Mother's affidavit stating that though her name is missing she is the mother.

3. Reason for non availability of early date of registration.

greatly appreciate the views of the members of this forum

PS: RD 9/20/01
ND/10/20/01
FP 12/27/01
RFE No 1: 1/03/03
EAD No2 approved 11/15/02

How different is the name on the Birth certificate and the name on the rest of the documents?

Entirely different.
But it says "xyz alias abc" where abc is my current first name with all records and xyz is the birth name.

As far as I know...

the birth certificate can be altered in India until the child is 18. There is an official rule that municipality would show you if you try and modify the BC.

You have to go with affidavits. My name is missing in BC. I have submiited affidavits but not the BC.

Does anyone know who can authorize translated BC ?