Help! Transferred to Boston. Still no interview?

giedrys

Registered Users (C)
:mad: Our case was transfered to boston 06/29/04. Applied for 3rd (!!!!) EAD jan 05.
2FP Feb 05

called our representative's office and they called the immigration in boston in february too.
Still nothing!
it's been 9 months!
does anyoneknow how Boston office works?
When is the next round of interviews?
How much longer?

Giedrys

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. My case was transferred in Boston 09/04, interview letter was sent 11/04 and interview took place 02/05. They approved my case right after the interview. My colleague had the same scenario as you have with the only difference that his case was transferred on 03/04. In late November he took an infopass appointment to the Boston office to aks about his case and I am assumming that might have trigerred his interview letter sent to him 2 weeks later. I know of some other cases that have been approved w/o interview in the Boston office. Another thing you might need to know is that they might not even schedule an interview until your background & security checks from the FBI are complete. This last one is my lawyers opinion. But in any case I would take an infopass appointment and go in the Boston office in person. Misteriously they have started to be friendly lately.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your information! Infopass appt is a great idea.
one more question though
hy husband is the primary applicant on the case. Do we need only one appointment for him, or should each of us get one?

-giedrys

Infopass

My opinion would be to just schedule only one appointment. They might get aggravated if several inquiries are made within a short period of time. My colleague's experience with the infopass proved successful. The officer was very friendly and "promised" to do "what he can" to help him out. I wish you all the best! I will be cruising around this forum for some more time so please update this thread as we go on.

Good Luck!!

not helpful

Went to Boston office this morning through infopass. The officer told me I have to wait another 8-9 months for interview. Can't believe it!

Anyway, my 485 was transfered to Boston on Sep 2004.

You scare me. Another 9 months? Mine is transfered in Nov, 2004 and another 11 months.

Anyway, my Infopass was scheduled to next Thursday.

rqtang said:
You scare me. Another 9 months? Mine is transfered in Nov, 2004 and another 11 months.

Anyway, my Infopass was scheduled to next Thursday.

I don't want to scare you, but the officer said that. I feel the 485 process in Boston is totally disordered. When I asked her why some people got the interview quickly after transfered. She answered: "That happens, I also dont know the reason. My infomation is limited". She also told me many scheduled interviews have to reschedule again.

Please post your experience after infopass. I really hope you may get more helpful information.

Got interivew invitation

Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago, I got an interview letter in the mail. My interview is scheduled for the beginning of April in Boston. However, my case is complicated by the fact that I applied under 245(i) before April 2001. Two questions:

1. Could someone advise me as to what I should expect at the interview?

2. Does filing under 245(i) increase my odds of rejection, or does the transparency actually appear favorably?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-kj

We had an infopass appointment. Nothing! The attending woman said she xould not give any additional information on the case. She just told us that she has no clue when the interview is going to be scheduled, no timeframe, nad said that though our case got transferred 06/29/04, they got it in Boston only 11/30/04. I guess our case was in some sort of cosmic vacuum for 5 entire months! The wait continues...

I just backed from the infopass appointment. Nothing, Yes, Nothing.

I said my case had been filed for more than 2 years and the whole procedure took more than 4 years. Also, EAD/AP cases have been transferred here too. The officer said you can get EAD/AP without problem. Maybe 3 months you will be done. Maybe, May not. Who know?

Don't like to use Infopass any more. 12:00PM's appointment, and talked with the officer at 3:00PM and lasted less than 3 minutes.
giedrys said:
We had an infopass appointment. Nothing! The attending woman said she xould not give any additional information on the case. She just told us that she has no clue when the interview is going to be scheduled, no timeframe, nad said that though our case got transferred 06/29/04, they got it in Boston only 11/30/04. I guess our case was in some sort of cosmic vacuum for 5 entire months! The wait continues...