***** HELP RFE Recieved on I-485 *****

NellorePet

Registered Users (C)
RFE Part - 1

While applying for I-485 i have provided affidavits for my birth certificate. Now i recieved RFE asking the following:

"Submit the birth certificate. must be issued by the appropriate civil authority showing timely registration, date and place of birth and parents name."

the thing is i have provided all these information on my affidavit on 20Rs/- with local lawyer signed/attested. ( one from my father and one from my uncle)

can i re-send the same affidavit form which i send originally?

Part - 2

Photocoy of the last visa on which i entered the USA and the lastest US admission stamp in my passport.

The problem with the part - 2 is after joining with my current employer i went to india with my old employer's h1b1 visa stamp and came back with the same ( even though i had an approved current employer h1b1) ..

do think this will give me a problem.?

Last edited by a moderator:
NellorePet said:
RFE Part - 1

While applying for I-485 i have provided affidavits for my birth certificate. Now i recieved RFE asking the following:

"Submit the birth certificate. must be issued by the appropriate civil authority showing timely registration, date and place of birth and parents name."

the thing is i have provided all these information on my affidavit on 20Rs/- with local lawyer signed/attested. ( one from my father and one from my uncle)

>>> I guess u can resend that info with covering letter stating
that you dont have a BC and hence submitting affidavait with 485
receipt for reference.

Part - 2

Photocoy of the last visa on which i entered the USA and the lastest US admission stamp in my passport.

The problem with the part - 2 is after joining with my current employer i went to india with my old employer's h1b1 visa stamp and came back with the same ( even though i had an approved current employer h1b1) ..

>> it should not. send copy of ur stamped H1B AND copy of your latest I 94

NellorePet said:
RFE Part - 1

Part - 2

Hi

On Part 1, you should submit non-available certificate from the civil authority (muncipal corporation, tahsildar office etc...)of the place you were born and no where else, then affidavits should be in a specified format doesn't need to be in rupees form i think....

Guys:

Anybody have Non-Availability or Non-traceable birth certificate format for municipality...

thanks in advance.

NellorePet said:
Guys:

Anybody have Non-Availability or Non-traceable birth certificate format for municipality...

thanks in advance.

There is no specific format, because you are not the person who is going to prepare that document. Your local authority will do it and they will do with their own official format (if they have any).

Check to see if you can get latest one

Hi Nellorepet,
Check and see if you can get a new birth certificate and ask them that it need to have parents name etc. Usually most of the offices of Registrar of Births and Deaths issue a new certificates based on your records in their file. Even if it is 20-30 years ago, they still have entries in paper register. This will keep the whole thing crisp clear from INS standpoint.
Other Q, just give the latest I94 and visa copy. It should not matter that you used the stamp from previous company to re-enter.

Good luck,
gc0902

GC0902:::

Thanks for the reply. But when i filled I-485 originally .. i gave two affidavits from my father and my uncle describing that they were unable to get the original birth certificates and told in the affidavit that they were not registered.

and now if i get the birth certificate .. then INS will rise question like why you told in the first place that you were unable get and now you are giving..

it will become like flip-flop like John K. don't you think so?

At this point you should not submit the birth certificates. Actually USCIS sendinig RFE for birth certificates if the certificates are obtained by registering recently ( or long time after the actual birth) and also if obtained from Indian Embassy. ( Note: this not the case for every body - my case is one example).

I believe at this point you should submit non-availability certificates along with the affidavits.

NellorePet said:
GC0902:::

Thanks for the reply. But when i filled I-485 originally .. i gave two affidavits from my father and my uncle describing that they were unable to get the original birth certificates and told in the affidavit that they were not registered.

and now if i get the birth certificate .. then INS will rise question like why you told in the first place that you were unable get and now you are giving..

it will become like flip-flop like John K. don't you think so?