Help Requested... Questions...

Venu123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Here are my details ...

RD : Feb-22-2002
FP : May-6-2002
EAD : May-16-2002

Thanks in advance for patiently reading this long email and helping us out...

Question : 1 --> In my EAD card, my finger print was not listed (The card read, "Finger Print Not Available").

(Then, I thought its reasonable as there was not enough time for INS to put the FP on my card...)

When I renewed my card in Mar-2003, again finger print was not listed.

Now I am concerned if there would be some problem with my finger print record.

Is there any one in the same boat?

Please advise if this is normal.

Question: 2 --> My wife (who is also awaiting our 485 approval) is planning to take a trip to India for 6 months.

In case we get our approval in another 5 months (if everything goes well...) how long can she hold-on to the approval notice, before she could return and get her passport stamped??

Will the approval notice list any expiration datess??

Do you advise to get the PP stamping ASAP? If so, why??

Please reply in detail..

Thanks for your time

Venu.

Answer to Q1 : The fingerprint on the EAD has nothing to do with the FP that you gave for 485. The FP on EAD is optional. You have to thumbprint on a card and mail along with the EAD application. I assume, you have not done that so the message 'FP not available', and that is not a problem.

Answer to Q2: Check with your attorney about the validity timeframe of the approval notice. I think it is valid forever or till you get your PP stamped. But, better get the stamping done ASAP once approved, rules/interpretation of rules change so often, don't get caught on the wrong side. Ensure that ur wife's H4 (if dependant) stamping or the AP is valid for the rentry.

Just my two dollars (yes, its getting costlier)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
AMBYASASM.. Another Question

Another question,

What is a Local Transfer case? I have seen it several times here in the forum.

My employer is in PA. I work at a client site in CA. Am I a potential candidate for Local Transfer??? Who would do that? Employer or BCIS? Why would they do that? Is it beneficial or harmful (in any way...) ??

You're the first to answer to my earlier questions... special thanks for that ambyasasm!

Venu.

Sometimes BCIS transfers files to your local BCIS office for interview. Why they do that? Address change, job change and other never ending list of reasons (case to case) could trigger the transfer. Sometimes it is a blessing in disguise as in the case of Baltimore transfers, but in most cases it delays the approval by a couple of months to even 6 months.

If u filed in VSC and now have moved to CA and if u have informed VSC about the move (legally speaking u have to) then ur file could get moved to CSC. I hope that is not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks...

Hi,

My employer is in PA. I have been working in CA from DAY 1 with this employer (even before filing for GC) as a consultant at a client site.

My residential address has always remained as CA right from my LCA application. Never changed that.

Does this warrant a local transfer??

Thanks

Venu.