Help request

zamindar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am,a US citizen and want to file I-130 for my brother who lives in Asia. The current wait time is about 11 years.

1. I am presently in the US but may move out of the country due to job. Does my physical presence in the US matter in the approval or disapproval of the petition?
2. My brother has a US visit visa at present, does the petition affect or cancels the visit visa to the US?

Thanks in advance!

A1: You may apply for his I-130 now and leave the US for a few years, but when it comes close to its final stages, you should be in the US. You are asking the US government to grant your brother the privilege to join you in the US.
A2: The visa will not be cancelled but it will be very difficult to convince an inspector at the POE that the visit is only temporary in nature.

Hi,
I am,a US citizen and want to file I-130 for my brother who lives in Asia. The current wait time is about 11 years.

1. I am presently in the US but may move out of the country due to job. Does my physical presence in the US matter in the approval or disapproval of the petition?
2. My brother has a US visit visa at present, does the petition affect or cancels the visit visa to the US?

Thanks in advance!