HELP: Procedure to get PCC from Chicago

h-k-g

Hi,

To get PCC from Indian Consulate, Chicago thru mail, is photocopy of passport enough, along with signed form and fees? Or do I need to send the actual passport itself?

For last 2 days I have been trying to reach Indian Consulate in Chicago, to confirm whether it is OK to mail just a photocopy of passport to get PCC, along with application and fees. Always get voicemail. Left 3 msgs. But, yet to get any reply from them.

Appreciate any input from one you, who had gotten PCC from Chicago thru mail. If possible, pls post experience.

TIA,
Hari

Hi h-k-g,
I think for each candidate, copy of passport,filled in miscellaneous form, p/p photo(one copy) and fees are needed. I applied and collected personally and don't think anything else I submitted.
cheers!!
Ranen

Hari

I have attached word document you will get your answer. send that cover letter with all documents listed in that file.
Don't send your original passport they will inform you when to send original passport.

If you will not hear anything from them within 45 days then call them (First Consulate # then X 227 Name of that lady is Usha(4:00PM to 5:pM)) they are very nice and cooperative people.

Also when you send prepaid Fedex envelop write down your FedEx account # If you don't have Fed A/c # then call fedex they will give you on the phone .

They will issue PCC

Originally posted by h-k-g
Hi,

To get PCC from Indian Consulate, Chicago thru mail, is photocopy of passport enough, along with signed form and fees? Or do I need to send the actual passport itself?

For last 2 days I have been trying to reach Indian Consulate in Chicago, to confirm whether it is OK to mail just a photocopy of passport to get PCC, along with application and fees. Always get voicemail. Left 3 msgs. But, yet to get any reply from them.

Appreciate any input from one you, who had gotten PCC from Chicago thru mail. If possible, pls post experience.

TIA,
Hari

Re: Re: HELP: Procedure to get PCC from Chicago

I concur with dax99. I am in Detroit, when I applied (Apr 2002) for PCC at Chicago Indian Consulate. I sent photo copies of my passport with a fee (money order), after 35 days on receipt of my application, Indian Consulate folks called my office number asked to send my original passport. That time I requested them for overnight delivery by sending extra payment. Whole process took nearly 45 days. If you go in person to submit and receive the application that would reduce the delay.

Here is Indian Consulate, Chicago site URL.
http://www.chicago.indianconsulate.com/

Originally posted by dax99
Hari

I have attached word document you will get your answer. send that cover letter with all documents listed in that file.
Don't send your original passport they will inform you when to send original passport.

If you will not hear anything from them within 45 days then call them (First Consulate # then X 227 Name of that lady is Usha(4:00PM to 5:pM)) they are very nice and cooperative people.

Also when you send prepaid Fedex envelop write down your FedEx account # If you don't have Fed A/c # then call fedex they will give you on the phone .

They will issue PCC

thanks

Thanks for prompt replies and info.

I was able to reach Ms.Usha @ Chicago Consulate today thru phone #s provided by dax99. Here is the list of documents to mail.
1. Misc Services Form with photo
2. $20 cashiers check
3. Photocopy of all pages in your passport, not just the usual 4 pages.

After 35 days, they will contact you and at that time you send in the other $20 cashier check.

Appreciate the word doc, dax99.

Thanks again,
Hari

Thanks

Thanks all. My query was resolved.

This thread was helpful to me for knowing the status of my and my husband's PCC. I did not get first stage report even after 53 days of our application. No calls or emails were answered. The given extension number in this thread was the one on which I heard voice at the other end.

She told me our first stage is complete. How in the world were we suppose to know?

I wonder why the extension numbers of relevant people are not provided on the Chicago consulate website? Telephone numbers that are provided are not answerable at all.

Pallavi