Help! Primary case approved but dependent is not

freedom21

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

Usually I saw primary and dependent cases are approved together, but not in my case!

In my case the primary applicant case is approved after responding the RFE (RFE never on dependent case), however dependent's case on-line status is still not updated.

Anyone has similar case? If so, could someone suggest any proper venue to expedite the dependent case? I have tried calling 1-800 UCIS number but got no help except waiting.

I remember there was the discussion about the link between primary and dependent case. Can someone explain how this link works since primiary and dependent have separate A# number and case number?

I appreciate any feedback.

RD: 8/2001
ND: 9/2001
RFE: 2/20/2004
AD for primary: 3/26/2004

Don't worry, you should be approve soon since dependent case has a direct link with primary. In your case primary is approved so you sould be approve soon.

We both have this officer 450, who goes by the book so maybe there is something missing or maybe not.

God help us all in getting out of this misery.

RD 5/14/01

Thks, 2001case

Thanks for comforting, 2001case, how about your case? I am sure 450 is looking at all RFE cases now.

same as mine. Mine got approved in Feb (primary), but not husband's. We have same RD and ND.Don't know why. I've seen several cases like this in the forum. I guess I just wait.

Rd June22,2001
ND July 24, 2001.

I 'll call 1800 number after TSC process date is beyond my ND.

Sohuuser

To: sohuuser

sohuuser, I believe the current TSC process date is 7/16/01 and it is for RD, not ND. You can call 1800 number after 30 days passing RD, or let your congressman to send inquiry now!

That's not unusual

It happened to a lot of people, especially those with kids. Some waited for more tahn 6 months.

Hi freedom21; My friend's 485 got approved first, but for his wife it took another 2 weeks at VSC...so you don't have to worry.........enjoy the freedom

We are in the same boat.

Mine(Primary) got approved and I am still waiting for my wife's 485 approval.

I guess we will have just to wait and see.

BTW, how would I know which officer is handling the case?

ND : Sept 2001
FP : April 2003
My AD : March 05, 2004

Thanks for encouragement, guys.

SandsGC, I don't believe your case is through RFE. Only RFEers will get RFE letter that contains office number at the bottom.

Another question for you, is your wife also applying 485 herself or is it only you file 485 for both? I am wondering why sometimes the direct link between principal applicant and dependent is broken, is it random or not?

Freedom,

I am the primary applicant. I was approved a monthe earlier than dependents. Dependents had RFEs.

I know my friend - primary approved. No change is status for family - later in the mail he received RFE for dependents.

Also there are cases when the status is not updated.

You are close to completion