help pls

wws_ques

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my I485 in Jan 2003. Last Nov I took my 2nd finger prints. Today I took a biometrics. Does anyone know about how long I should get my green card? Is this the last step? I have never heard about biometrics before. Do I pass my name check? THanks.

Are you EB2 or EB3? Also, didnt you initiate an inquiry at NSC, as the processing dates are way past yours?

Re: pls help

It is code 2. I called INS in the past may and I was told that I was waiting for an office's approval. Then I got this biometrics taken today. Anything wrong with my application? I talked to the officer today but she almost said nothing. What is the legal process to get the GC? Thanks.

wws_ques said:
It is code 2. I called INS in the past may and I was told that I was waiting for an office's approval. Then I got this biometrics taken today. Anything wrong with my application? I talked to the officer today but she almost said nothing. What is the legal process to get the GC? Thanks.
What do you mean legal process ?? AFAIK, there is no known illegal process to get GC - so what's left should be legal :D

485 is a legal way to get GC.

Is your case EB(1,2,3) ? And what's your PD and country of chargeability ?
Expected timeframe for approval depends on these.

Plus getting biometrics notice does not indicate anything. It does not mean that your name check is cleared -- its just another hurdle that everyone needs to jump.

I mean the steps to get the GC. What is EB?
My application is Employement-based Adjustment applications. I am a prof. at U, originally from china. Thanks.

WWS_Ques, ask your attorney in which category was your Adjustment of Status was filed. There are different categories like EB1, EB2, EB3. You can also check your I-140 approval if you have one and it will say something like section...b(2). If in brackets it is 2 then you are under EB2 if 3 then it is EB3. Hopefully I am giving you right tip.

If you are in EB2 then your priority date is current implying your case can be processed anytime. When... I am not sure. INS has no fixed procedure.

If you are in Eb3 then your I-485 will be processed depending on filing date of your labor which will be your priority date.

Don't give up and Keep contacting INS, may be they will do something. That is the only thing we can do.

Good Luck is all I can wish you.

Mine is EB2. According to INS website, it says that they have done before Dec 2003. But I submitted on Jan 3rd, 2003. I am just wondering whether the yesterday's biometrics is the last step towards the final approval. Or I still need to wait and possibly have another fingerprints. I had my last finger prints in last Nov. I just want to collect some info here. Thanks.

Hi wws_ques,

Let me be the first one to Congratulate you :) . Enjoy your freedom. You case will be approved any moment. Just relax. Don't worry too much. Your case must be with an Officer. They are just waiting for your Biometrics results. This is for your actual green card [plastic card]. Once your case is approved you will recieve your Plastic Card. You need not go for stamping.

Again dont worry too much. It is just matter of time. My estimate is by this weekend your case will be approved. In the worst case senario, by the end of next week or at the most by the end of this month.

Have fun,

Freedom4ever

Re:

Hi, Freedom4ever,
Thanks for your encouragement. But unfortunately up to now Sept 1, 2005, I still have not heard anything from CIS. I asked a congressman and he got a reply from CIS, saying FBI is still doing the name check. But I cannnot understnd why CIS asked me to do biometrics in last month. My previous fingerprint was in Nov 2004. Is there any other person who has the similar experience before?
Thanks.

I thought I was alone

wws_ques said:
Mine is EB2. According to INS website, it says that they have done before Dec 2003. But I submitted on Jan 3rd, 2003. I am just wondering whether the yesterday's biometrics is the last step towards the final approval. Or I still need to wait and possibly have another fingerprints. I had my last finger prints in last Nov. I just want to collect some info here. Thanks.
I feel sorry for you, pal. I am from China, EB2, I-485 Feb 6 2003. Had 1st fingerprint in April 2003, 2nd in Nov 2004, and biometrics 5/10/05, and have heard nothing since. Looks like we are in the same boat.

I am 99.9% sure that you are stuck in name check, just like what I had. My name check has been pending for 2.5 years and counting on.

Don't know when the name check sutiation will be improved for male applicant from China. FBI uses the execuse of common last name, but I don't buy it. My wife's last name (maiden name) is the same and hers got cleared long time ago. I never heard any applicants from Taiwan/HongKong/South Korea get stuck with NC, they have common last name also!

What can I say... (mute)