help please

ever

I'm a new member of this Forum and have been checking the site for coup of weeks. It's really helpful.

I have a question. I'm waiting 485 approved. Could I change job? If the new company is not belong to california center. What will happen with my 485 case? Are they going to transfer to another center and I wait for another "forever" from very beginning?

thanks

ever

WAC-02-146XXX

If ur over 180 days, then yes you can change jobs. Going out of CSC's jurisdiction usually results in a transfer, which is not a great thing since it introduces more delays. The amount of delay depends upon the local office delay times.

sillyman, do they usually transfer your case to the out of CA local office or the local office in CA? in other words, if you moved from SF to Philly, will they transfer your case to LA local office or to Phiily local? or to another service center ?? please comment thanks

If you go to philly, they will first txfer it to vsc, only after they pick it up here. Then vsc will txfer it to philly.

Thats what usually happens, bet there are exceptions though.

SM, thank you a lot. what will happen if other center pick it up, I mean if they are going to give me a new number from the day they pick the file, then I have to wait as I-140 just approved? " No credit for the time in CSC?" Thanks.

ever
WAC-02146XXX