Help Please

tense

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
    I got laid off today. I work (used to work) for a big Wireless company in midwest. Here are my details:
EB2 RIR India NSC PD : Feb 28 2000
RD : Feb 01 2001
ND : Mar 02 2001
FP : April 17 2001
EAD & AP : May 30 2001

I have no idea what to do. My company is willing me to provide 400$ for an initial consulation with a lawyer regarding my situation. Could any of you tell me what to do now? Where do I start? I started looking for jobs.

Could any of you suggest any good immigration lawyers?

I am really tensed up and nervous. I was sort of preparing for this for couple of months but when it hit me, it was very shocking and depressing. Took me 3-4 hours to regroup myself.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Thank You very much.

DO NOT WORRY BE HAPPY, U ARE SAFE UNDER NEW LAW AC 21

Hello TENSE, I do not know your real name, well I just saw your message here, U need not to worry at all, since U have filed your I 485 papers more than 180 days with INS, as per new law AC 21, U can change your employer with out any problems, all U do now is first of all try to get a new job with the same job description / Job title, with the same salary as U have mentioned at the time of your LABOR AND I 140 STAGE, check with your present attorney who has filed your LABOR/I 140 / I 485, if U are not happy with your attorney\'s response, there are plenty of attorneys who know the new law AC 21, for example U can contact RAJIV S KHANNA or SHEELA MURTHY U can contact her office thro murthy.com

Good luck to U
RAMUKESI

Don\'t Worry. .

You will be safe under AC21. If you are from Chicago area, You can contact my lawyer Jim Hallagan, Phone 312 427 6163, email:jhallagan@mmhimmigration.com.
In my opinion, he sounds knowledgeable. Good Luck.

time limit ???

ramukesi, is there a time limit within which tense has to acquire the new job with the same job description duties ?

thanks

bkcgey

Thanks folks

Hi All,
   Thank You for responding to my emails.

I am going to talk to a lawyer pretty soon.

Even though I had a EAD, I never used it. I never gave EAD to my HR department. Would this pose any problems?

Thanks Folks