Help please

Green card

Registered Users (C)
I've have been in H4 for 5 yrs ..My husband got his i140(Approved)last year
but we could't apply for our 485 due to the Retro.(priority date sept01)Now I got one job offer..I like to take this offer.But I don't know how to handle the legal issues. Please,give some Ideas.

Actually your case is lot complicated than it seams.
Here are the issues.
Your H1 won't be approved before Oct 1 2006 (next FY). Now you can work only till your h4 + h1 = 6 YEARS unless you (and not your husband) apply for LC a year before your 6 years (which is same as your husband's 6th year). Now, will the company apply for a lobor for you, even before they get you on H1 (as you said you have already exhausted your 5 years).

The other alternative is to go for your H1, (you might then have only few months of H1 time left after Oct 1, or more precisely after the date your H1 is approved). Go ahead and file GC through PERM, file your I-140 and get it approved before you run aout of time!!!. Then you can use that to extend your H1 indefinately till you or your husband gets a GC.

The interesting twist is, I believe, you will get your labor approved, before you run out of time and not I140. After I140 approval, can you restart working??? If you find the answer to that question, please let me know as well.

Thanks,
Akela

Thanks for your ideas..My H4 6th year is going to over in this summer.
I think the only way is I have to wait for the EAD..I don't know when I will
get my EAD.God only knows.Any way thanks .

akela said:
Actually your case is lot complicated than it seams.
Here are the issues.
Your H1 won't be approved before Oct 1 2006 (next FY). Now you can work only till your h4 + h1 = 6 YEARS unless you (and not your husband) apply for LC a year before your 6 years (which is same as your husband's 6th year). Now, will the company apply for a lobor for you, even before they get you on H1 (as you said you have already exhausted your 5 years).

The other alternative is to go for your H1, (you might then have only few months of H1 time left after Oct 1, or more precisely after the date your H1 is approved). Go ahead and file GC through PERM, file your I-140 and get it approved before you run aout of time!!!. Then you can use that to extend your H1 indefinately till you or your husband gets a GC.

The interesting twist is, I believe, you will get your labor approved, before you run out of time and not I140. After I140 approval, can you restart working??? If you find the answer to that question, please let me know as well.

Thanks,
Akela

Green card said:
Thanks for your ideas..My H4 6th year is going to over in this summer.
I think the only way is I have to wait for the EAD..I don't know when I will
get my EAD.God only knows.Any way thanks .

Another options:

1) Go out of US for 1 year and come back with H1B (maybe H4)

2) Find another husband if your husband LC is EB3 :) JK.

Please don't hurt others feelings..
newbies said:
Another options:

1) Go out of US for 1 year and come back with H1B (maybe H4)

2) Find another husband if your husband LC is EB3 :) JK.