Help please

indiandude27

Hello Guys,

I'm new to this forum and would really apprecaite, If somone please take out a moment in answering to my question. Well, I'm a GC holder living in California for 6 years now. I got married back home, this past december 2003. As usual, I didnt do my homework of finding out the complications of the wait period for GC holders spouse. But here i am.

Now, I was told by my desi lawyer that, I can file for V visa for my spouse and hopefully after a year, She can be eligible for the visa after the congress approves the proposal for this visa category.

Is this true? Well I dont have any doubt on my lawyer. Was little curious after i heard from him and wanted to get a double opinion here. If somebody is also in situation like me, would you please share your thoughts with me?
I would definately apprecaite your time and suggestion.

Many thanks,

Indiandude27

V-Visa

I'm new to this forum and would really apprecaite, If somone please take out a moment in answering to my question. Well, I'm a GC holder living in California for 6 years now. I got married back home, this past december 2003. As usual, I didnt do my homework of finding out the complications of the wait period for GC holders spouse. But here i am.

Now, I was told by my desi lawyer that, I can file for V visa for my spouse and hopefully after a year, She can be eligible for the visa after the congress approves the proposal for this visa category.

Is this true? Well I dont have any doubt on my lawyer. Was little curious after i heard from him and wanted to get a double opinion here. If somebody is also in situation like me, would you please share your thoughts with me?
I would definately apprecaite your time and suggestion.

Many thanks,

Jacob Thomas

v visa

I thought you are only qualified for the V visa if you married and filed everythng before dec 2000, right?
if you married and filer in 2003 you might not be qualified, i am trying to figure out this now
let me know if you have more information
thanks

We have to find out

V visa who knows !
I wish it can be for the years after 2000 I got married in 2003 and i don't know if I can apply for v visafor mywife.Please let me know if u know anything
;)