help please: Transfer to Local office---what does it mean

willget

Registered Users (C)
My I140/485 filled at Apr,2004 in Nebraska center, today the online message changed to:

"On May 31, 2005, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN
WORKER to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our
office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as
processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that
your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the
National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information
about local office processing times."

My labor was done in Chicago(our company's local office) while I was working for that company in NY, and I changed my job end of last year, current company is in Indiana.

My question is:

1. what does this message mean?
2. Will it give me any trouble?
3. What is expected for coming in my case and how can I prepare considering I already changed company?

Thanks

Usually when the beneficiary is not working with the sponsoring employer anymore, USCIS asks for a local interview at one of its offices. You have to prepare for why you moved to another company. Did you move to current company before 140 approval? If so, I dont think you can use AC21 as you have an RFE on 140.
It shouldnt be a big deal. Just come up with some logic why you had to leave and that you still intend to work for the sponsoring employer. Good Luck.

thanks for you replay.

Yes, I changed job before I140 approved(was laid off so no choice), but I didn't gent any REF so far, according to the new memo, I should still be able to use AC21, but I haven't send AC21 letter yet, so should I send AC21 letter now.

Also, not sure what the online message means, does it mean it was transfer to VERMONT SERVICE CENTER where the case will be handle there, or it's sure that I will have a interview at one of the local office? any one have experience and suggestions?

Thanks very much

If your employer doesnot cancels/withdraws your i-140 then u r fine , but if your employer withdraws 140 then ur 140 & 485 both might be denied .EAD & Advance parole will become invalid

The concern is a) Is their any chance that your original sponsoring employer
will withdraw 140 ? If yes then u might have issue . Well it depends , the new memo might save u but it all depends.!!!

So in my opinion just be quiet and dont send AC21 letter until your 140 gets approved and after that u might want to send after a while .Secondly pray that they dont send RFE for your 140 because in that case it will be difficult to get any help from your old company .

The New Memo does gives lots of relief to applicants in your condition . But it all depends upon the office dealing your case .

Good luck . I'm sure u still using your H1 and not EAD . Because u r in a very dicy situation .

Last edited by a moderator: