Help please (L-1B to Green Card)

sidhu70

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Could someone please help me.
I like to covert L-1B to Green card and my company is ready to sponsor me.
My lawyer suggested me to change it to L-1A and then EB1. I am working as senior Engineer and have management responsibilities. Lawyer advised me that i don't have to have "MANAGER" Title as long as I have management responsibilities to qualify for L-1A and EB1. Can you pls advised me the best way to go for this process and "IS IT TRUE" that MANAGER TITLE is not required as long as we can demonstrate the management responsibilities.
If L-1A is approved, does it mean getting E-B1 is easier.
Is it complicated process to convert L-1B to L-1A and then EB-1.

If L-1A petion approved and EB1 does not get approved,does it mean I have to go through PERM (basically same process as L-1B).

Thank you.
Balvir

No, it is not necessary to have "Manager" in the position title, but the position must be in managerial capacity. However, titles with words such as Manager, director etc. are commonly used to describe such positions. If you are able to satisfy that u are in that capacity, then u will qualify, even if ur position does not contain the word manager.

Your lawyer is right. EB-1 process is quicker. You can convert to L-1A if u are eligible. Once L-1A is approved, you qualify for EB-1 as multinational manager/executive.

EB-1 process is better because it is comparatively faster as it does not require a labor certification.

Chris Brunot said:
No, it is not necessary to have "Manager" in the position title, but the position must be in managerial capacity. However, titles with words such as Manager, director etc. are commonly used to describe such positions. If you are able to satisfy that u are in that capacity, then u will qualify, even if ur position does not contain the word manager.

Your lawyer is right. EB-1 process is quicker. You can convert to L-1A if u are eligible. Once L-1A is approved, you qualify for EB-1 as multinational manager/executive.

EB-1 process is better because it is comparatively faster as it does not require a labor certification.

Chris
Thanks for your kind reply. I have one more question, do I ned to manage certain no of employees, or it could any number e.g. 2 or 3.

Thanks again