help please interview but no approval

kwabena

Registered Users (C)
u had my aos interview today i think it went well been with my wife 5 years and married for a year we had everything but a lease together since we saving money sharing the apartment with her roomie and letter from employer . At the end of the interview the interviewer said she is going to mail us a list of additional documents and a decision would be made after that. she pointed out we should get the letter from the employer. i dont know why cos i had all my stubs from the beginning of the year with my wifes. Im really stressed now cos i thought we benig together for while would be enough. GUys i do need help any had to wait after interview to know if they are approved and im i going to get it

Just to point out, that it is not longer required to do this with the new I-864, the only requirement is for your most recent tax return. However those new rules only just came into place.

However, to the OP, I'm sure after you send in the require evidence you'll be approved no problem!

dr_lha said:
Just to point out, that it is not longer required to do this with the new I-864, the only requirement is for your most recent tax return. However those new rules only just came into place.

However, to the OP, I'm sure after you send in the require evidence you'll be approved no problem!

Just send in the required letter. A good point to remember, is that the new forms require less paper evidence, however; these are only minimum requirements with initial filing. USCIS may still require more evidence if they choose, e.g. employer's letter. Still gather as much as you can - if you have 3 years of tax returns, furnish them.

We are still seeing applicants being asked for many of these. This is possibly due to them requesting more evidence(as explained above) or simply because some DAO are not yet following the new guidelines properly.

What emplyment letter are you talking about? The one needd for form I864 if the immigrant uses his income to qualify?

kwabena said:
...married for a year we had everything but a lease together since we saving money sharing the apartment with her roomie and letter from employer .

did you bring anything else besides the lease agreement??? I mean the fact that you have been married for a year and do not have a joint bank account, joint insurance, utility bill in both of your names...has nothing to do with you saving your money. Did you bring pictures or any other evidence that you have been together?... may be that's where the problem is...

As far as the employment letter, as someone has said, your sponsor needs to furnish one (and you or someone else if you are joint sponsor), but I would doubt that would cause the delay...

In any case, it simply seems like she was not convinced enough that the marriage is bona-fide, just gather all the evidence and the letters from employer and you should be fine....

good luck...

i had credit cards bills and student loans in both names before we got married and telephone bills shared together b4 we married she was well aware that we had a long past together.cos we been together since 2001 and we stated she sharing bill since 2002. but for some reason she wanted to the employment letter b4 a decision could be made. I hope i get it cos this is a tiring process. the only thing we did not have was lease agreement. we had joint bank accounts to my life insurance policies.

need help

i had credit cards bills and student loans in both names before we got married and telephone bills shared together b4 we married she was well aware that we had a long past together.cos we been together since 2001 and we stated she sharing bill since 2002. but for some reason she wanted to the employment letter b4 a decision could be made. I hope i get it cos this is a tiring process. the only thing we did not have was lease agreement. we had joint bank accounts to my life insurance policies.