Help!! Please advice

p235

Registered Users (C)
I was working at a client's side and there was a huge layoff yesterday.

I am thinking of taking a full time position with another employer as it is very difficult to find a consulting job with my present employer, as many people are asking for full time roles(not a contractor role).

My PD is current and my NC is pending. I am eligible under 180 day rule.

Please advice, if it is ok to change employers now. What would be the risks, etc. Please help me as I am unable to make a decision.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Since you are eligible, why hesitate? Go ahead and start looking and if you get a good offer, make sure that you make the new employer understand that they should support you for AC-21 and take up the job.

They only risk that I can see that you need to make sure that AC-21 is satisfied with regard to job duties and skills and salary, that's all.

With the country in a recession, there's no point in being on bench for a consulting company, with an uncertain future. If you get a good offer, just take it.

Good luck!

Since you are eligible, why hesitate? Go ahead and start looking and if you get a good offer, make sure that you make the new employer understand that they should support you for AC-21 and take up the job.

They only risk that I can see that you need to make sure that AC-21 is satisfied with regard to job duties and skills and salary, that's all.

With the country in a recession, there's no point in being on bench for a consulting company, with an uncertain future. If you get a good offer, just take it.

Good luck!

Thanks!!

What does the new employer have to do to support AC-21?
Also, is it ok to file AC21 now or only in case of an RFE?

Last edited by a moderator:
its good to grab new job offer if you are not sure with current company....
you will be safe with AC-21...good luck

Thanks!!

I would suggest that you file the AC 21 immediately after you join the company. The new employer has to mention the job and salary details for your AC 21.

Get the copies of your LC approval, I140 approval from your lawyer. Write a letter to the Processing Center with all the references to your case (LC, I140, I485 etc) and provide the job duties & responsibilities mentioned in your LC and that of the job you are accepting now.

I would say, contacting a lawyer in this regard is seriously adviseable.

Everyone's done that. In fact, many people have not even sent letters to USCIS that they are utilizing AC21 and still have gotten their GC's. So, don't worry too much.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

I was working at a client's side and there was a huge layoff yesterday.

I am thinking of taking a full time position with another employer as it is very difficult to find a consulting job with my present employer, as many people are asking for full time roles(not a contractor role).

Please advice, if it is ok to change employers now. What would be the risks, etc. Please help me as I am unable to make a decision.

Thanks,

Thanks!!

In my case I haven't sent an AC-21 letter to the USCIS. I'll only do it in case of an RFE. Or else the GC processing should run its course and I should get approved.

As to whether or not you should send in the AC-21 letter, you'll get both the possible answers, depending on whom you ask. So do what you think best.

Also make sure that you revoke the G-28 in your current application and either make sure you represent yourself (recommended, as the vast majority of immigration attorneys are as incompetent as the USCIS) or file a new G-28 appointing the lawyer of the new company as your representative.