HELP! PLEASE....about Fees and Filing

skylark826

Registered Users (C)
I sent my G325 for me and my husband
plus the I-765, I-485, I-130, and the I-864 (affidavit of support) (concurrently)
I sent it throught usps with a signature confirmation to Vermont USCIS, however I sent it out on August 5th and I realized on August 7th that the fees have changed drastically. :eek:

Does anyone know if there is a grace period with the fees since they were just changed??

Are they going to return the paperwork to me with my money orders, and give me the opportunity to send them in the balance of the money?

Is this going to really affect us in a negative way?? :confused:

I swear I'm so stressed out over this thing because I am so worried. :(

please can someone help and offer some advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably get them returned. You should then re-file them with the correct fees.

No need to be stressed out. All you will lose is some time.

You will probably get them returned. You should then re-file them with the correct fees.

No need to be stressed out. All you will lose is some time.

I'm wondering if it will take a long time for them to return it...so that I can send the new fees in.

I wish i could just send them the money now before they even return it to me.

I had no idea they were making the new fees at the end of july.

As for them taking sometime to return them, yes it probably will take them sometime since there is a time lag between when your packages were delivered and when they were actually opened.

No, you cannot send them anything now since you do not have receipt numbers. That is how the USCIS can locate your petitions. So just wait till you get something in the mail.

As for them taking sometime to return them, yes it probably will take them sometime since there is a time lag between when your packages were delivered and when they were actually opened.

No, you cannot send them anything now since you do not have receipt numbers. That is how the USCIS can locate your petitions. So just wait till you get something in the mail.

Thanx for replying!

I still feel stressed though :eek: :(

U don't send them to Vermont

Sky,

U should read filing instructions... all family-based petitions are send to a Chicago Lockbox, sending it to Vermont will delay your petitions by 60 days or more. :eek:

So.. when you get the files back from USCIS, write correct fees and mail them to Chicago.... NOT VERMONT>>:p

i swear i read those instructions about a millions times...
reading them so many times is probably why i sent them out a week after the fees changed.

but are u serious about the chicago lockbox?
on the instructions it said if you live in New York to send it to Vermont.
I even called USCIS customer service number 5 times and they told me twice that it was Vermont to send it to being that we reside in NY.

this whole thing is frustrating

If you are adjusting status, filing Form I-485, based on a concurrently filed Form I-130, you should send your application direct to the Chicago Lockbox.

Since you sent them to Vermont, they will be re-routed to Chicago anyway. But when you do get them returned for the fee discrepancy mentioned in previous posts, re-file them directly to the Chicago Lockbox.

So i'm probably gonna have to wait months for it to be returned to me.

oh wow!!
I'm just so sad about this whole thing

now they have on the form instructions that they want ONE check or money order totalling $1010 for the I-485.

when they return my money orders to me, what am i supposed to do with the 2 separate money orders previously sent? Can i just send them back but with a new money order for the balance as well??

:confused: :confused:

Not sure what you mean. What did you send?

Form I-130: How much was the MO for?
Form I-485 How much was the MO for?
Form I-765 How much was the MO for?

Not sure what you mean. What did you send?

Form I-130: How much was the MO for?
Form I-485 How much was the MO for?
Form I-765 How much was the MO for?

SENT
I-130 $190.00
I-485 $325.00 plus separate money order for biometric fee $70
I-765 $180

Current Fees that I will have to send
I-130 $355 (so i'm thinking of sending the previous money order with a new money order for $165) (so it will be 2 money orders in total rather than one)

I-765 $0 (because I'm filing the I-485)

I-485 $930 + $80 biometric fee (so i want to send the previous money order for $180 that was gonna be for the I-765 plus the previous money order of $325 and another money order for $425 to make up the difference to get to $930. plus the previous $70 money order and in addition a new money order for $10 for the biometric fee

so it's not going to be ONE money order but a couple to make up the difference for the new fee.

does that make sense?

I suggest that you make it simple.

If those MO's were United States Postal Money Orders, when you get them back go to the Post Office for a refund. They should give you a refund there and then.

Then get a 1 money order for each form you are filing.

Form I-130 $355
Form I-485 $1010

Always try to keep it simple.

I suggest that you make it simple.

If those MO's were United States Postal Money Orders, when you get them back go to the Post Office for a refund. They should give you a refund there and then.

Then get a 1 money order for each form you are filing.

Form I-130 $355
Form I-485 $1010

Always try to keep it simple.

This may be a stupid question...but humor me please.
Can I get a refund even though the money order is made out to Dept of Homeland Security??

because if I can....I will most definitely keep it simple. I want to try and make this thing as least complicated as possible.

Aspapi, in your opinion,do u think it will take months for me to get my paperwork returned so that I can resubmit???

okay so i just called USPS...and they told me I sure can return it and get a refund as long as I have the receipt part and the other part.....:) :) Yippee!!!!

I honestly can't say how long it will take. It all depends on when they actually open your mail. Maybe by the end of August.

Aspapi, am i reading this right? i believe it is saying that because I am filing the I-485 concurrently with the I-765, then i do not have to pay the I-765 fee

Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.