• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

help picture

ilrafikito

Registered Users (C)
I have a picture which I,ve taken one year ago but it is good and in focus also my face didn't change in this period....How can they know that the picture is recent within 6 month?

very easy

every picture is a file itself, a jpeg one, like every file it has properties :)
and one of the properties shown is the "date of birth" :)
so if they have a software checker as I presume as it is very hard to check 30 mil pictures .. they will discard your picture in no time furthermore disqualifying you :)
that being said ... go make another one .. and if you want hlep with it mail to enachim@yahoo.com
i am helping my fellow romanians too :)

marius
CN 75XX in Europe 2009

every picture is a file itself, a jpeg one, like every file it has properties :)

File properties can be manipulated like anything else that's digital, so that would not be a very reliable means of detecting old photos. However, if you do submit an old photo and get selected, you could still be denied the visa during the interview if the officer has any doubts.

The picture I've taken one year ago but I've scanned it to computer two days ago , so the file properties reads the data of scanner and the date I've scanned the picture...How can it read the data when I,ve taken it by a camera in a studio and I took from the studio only hard copy 2*2 inches and scanned it to computer two days ago....
Give me your openions please

It's not that hard to take another picture.
Compare that to 18 months worth of 'what if I get rejected during my interview just because of my picture?'.

Hello,

Winning DV, and eventually getting of green card is based purely on following simple and straight forward instructions.

Just follow the instructions are requested and improve your chances.

All the best

so if they have a software checker as I presume as it is very hard to check 30 mil pictures .. they will discard your picture in no time furthermore disqualifying you :)
that being said ... go make another one ..

Yes marius, so it is.

good point each and every one

guys you are for sure right .. I just jumped to the first "check" I would do to verify the file as timely fashionable; think about that they address a pot load of pictures and they will not be very peaky on the pictures itself ... you got to think that their goal is not only to pick diversity immingrants to US, but also to collect information of each and every one of you :).
if too peaky about all of them .. a lot of applications will be discarded. if it would be me collecting them .. I would target the 99% of the applicants as representatives ... of course that ppl that digitalize the files datewise :), content wise, enhanced, will be delt with rigourous attention only if there is a reason they should NOT get the visa :).
remember that common sense is what they want ... and a few more issues to respect :)
thus being said .. if not confortable about whatever you did til that moment with your pictures .. escalade them to "US" .. the public :) and then based on a increased procent of approvals from the DIVERSE entity called "US" the forum :) USE THEM
yours
marius
enachim@yahoo.com