HELP! Photos for CP interview before leaving the US?

gcDrone

Registered Users (C)
Most posters suggest getting their pictures taken near consulates (Mumbai, Chennai, Montreal, etc.). I was wondering if anyone had their pictures taken in the US?

Some studios provide "Immigration Photos" that can be used for INS processing (e.g., I-485). Please let me know if these photos will meet the needs of consular processing as well?

Thanks in advance!

I did -

I did, follow the specifications given - However the total size of the photo is 2 *2 inches. The size of the picture is the key - it has some wierd measurement - like from end of the right ear to the chin, end of the cheek to head something like that..

I am still planning to go to the photo lab as postings suggested and will cross check before the interview.

gcDrone

It should be possible to do it here and I do know people who have (like guys who do their 485, the specifications are the same). The trick is to find a studio who has done it before, so ask around. Don\'t expect the undergrad college student in Walmart to do it :)

The reason most people opt for India is that they have prior experience and it is considerably cheaper. Also, there is a photographer in the consulate itself who can take your photos.

correct me if I am wrong

According to color photo spec (Form M-378), I dont think it says any where what the max size the photo should be. It indicates that the overall pic must be AT LEAST 1.6" (height) & 1.4" (width).
Out of the above picture your face must fit in 1.2" (hight) & 1" (width).

In US most passport size photos are taken in 2"x2" in polroid format.
My question is, Do we trim it further or just send 2x2?

Thanks.

Thank you

Thank you all for your help. I shall try to find the local I-485 folks. Also, I am consular processing in Montreal, so the option of cheaper studios in India isn\'t available to me.

Since I may be reaching Montreal on the eve of the interview, I won\'t have time to avail the services of Tony\'s Studio (CP photo expert in Montreal). So, I need to find something either in Toronto, or US (before leaving).

Cheers.

I have the same doubts about trimming ?? In Mumbai according to my friend the consular office took 2