Help on RFE

Mahoning

Registered Users (C)
Hi, folks:

My 485 case got RFE for employment letter. My I40 (EB1-b, outstanding researcher) was approved around 1.5 years ago, and my 485 case was also filed 1.5 years ago. I changed my job last month, and my current title is an research associate in an medical institute. My worry now is that I'm not sure if my institute will provide a employment letter stating my job is permanent based (which is required for EB1-b).

My questions are:

Is it important to emphasize that my new job is a permanent one?
Is it ok to just state that I am a full-time regular employee?
How to define a job is a permanent job?
Can someone provide some links or some sample letters for such employment letter (for RFE) ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Mahoning

140: EB1-b, ND 04/28/03, AD:08/13/03
485: ND 06/09/03, RFE 02/01/05

dont worry about permanent

My situation was similiar.
Mine is AC21 case and my new firm did not give me letter saying permanent because of legal issues. But they gave me as regular fulltime employee.

that was good enough and my case got approved 2 weeks ago.

Mahoning, an EVL is not the original employment letter. It doesn't have to mention "permanent". I saw a lot of samples of EVL here before. You can try to search. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Company gave me a letter stating that they are offering a Full time Position with xxx sal and that they can alter/revoke the Empolyment at will ( I don't have a copy but some thing that states as above) and my GC was approved.

It is called the Employment Verification Letter which proves we ailens are not on the street to play with kids. Don't need to mention it is a permanent job at all! You are OK!

I think the INS officers should be knowledgeable enough to understand that no job is permanent. Even Ms Fiorina can't have a permanent job.