Help on filling the Affidavit for NORI (INDIA) non-government funding, renewed passport

social.parag

Registered Users (C)
I am beginning the process of J-1 waiver, and I need to fill the NORI statement and affidavit posted here www . indianembassy . org/ consular/ nori.pdf (remove spaces)

I have 3 questions:

1. My J-1 was not sponsored by either US or Indian government. However, on page 3 it says

The Exchange programme was sponsored
by the Government of /Agencies of the Government of ____________________ and financed by the
Government of / Agencies of the Government of _____________________ .

Should I leave it blank??

2. On item 2, it has an OR option. Do we have check on one of them? Or just leave it untouched?

3. My old passport from India had expired, and now I have a renewed passport issued from CGI Houston. What passport information should I enter in these forms. Will the passport office in India be confused if I enter my new passport number? Or should I attach a separate sheet explaining my new and old passport situation?

Thanks!

Hi,
I am looking for an answer to the same questions.......I got my J1 in USA after completing my PhD here, how should I answers the following questions :-

1. I came to the United States of America under an exchange visitor visa for the period from ________________________________
to ________________________________.

2. The exchange programme was sponsored by the Government of India /State Government of ______________________________
in India / Agency of the Government of _______________________________________________ and financed by the Government
of / Agencies of the Government of _______________________________________ / other _______________________________.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

I have 3 questions:

1. My J-1 was not sponsored by either US or Indian government. However, on page 3 it says

The Exchange programme was sponsored
by the Government of /Agencies of the Government of ____________________ and financed by the
Government of / Agencies of the Government of _____________________ .

Should I leave it blank??

2. On item 2, it has an OR option. Do we have check on one of them? Or just leave it untouched?

3. My old passport from India had expired, and now I have a renewed passport issued from CGI Houston. What passport information should I enter in these forms. Will the passport office in India be confused if I enter my new passport number? Or should I attach a separate sheet explaining my new and old passport situation?

Thanks!

What did you finally wrote on 1? I know it's old. but any help appreciated!