Help on filing lawsuit against FBI & CIS regarding name check

Yiling Fang

Hi all,
I filed N-400 application in June 2004, was interviewed in July 2005 and being background-checked (name check) ever since. After many trips (Boston office) and letters to INS and FBI, another fingerprint, and now, Nov.2006, I am still waiting. When I almost want to give up and just wait as they have been telling me, my sister told me she saw it on the internet that some people sued INS and FBI and won. This is very encouraging to me.
However, as a foreigner (I came from China), I've never filed lawsuit before. I (and my family too) am sort of scared of doing it. I saw some people in this forum who have similar cases and have filed (and several of you are also in Boton area). I was wondering whether anybody can give me some advice on the following questions:

1. I called US District Court today and they told me where to start. But when I read the instructions, I couldn't understand a lot of terms. I don't want to hire a lawyer. But can I really do it on my own?
2. Many of you have called Congressman for the issue. I did it too back in summer but his secretary told me the same as INS told me --wait. Shall I try Congressman or senator again before filing the lawsuit to prove that I have exhausted all other means, or just go ahead and sue them?
3. I've been to INS office numerous times (also FBI Boston office). But I haven't saved copies of my infopass as evidence. Also there was no written record for my contact with the congressman. Will the court believe me if I don't have the written/print-out evidence? I do have letters from INS and FBI telling me to do nothing but wait.

These are some major things in my mind now. Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Yiling

Read the first thread in the forum

Take 2 weeks to read the 1st 100 pages or so, you will find out how easy it is.

Yiling Fang said:
Hi all,
I filed N-400 application in June 2004, was interviewed in July 2005 and being background-checked (name check) ever since. After many trips (Boston office) and letters to INS and FBI, another fingerprint, and now, Nov.2006, I am still waiting. When I almost want to give up and just wait as they have been telling me, my sister told me she saw it on the internet that some people sued INS and FBI and won. This is very encouraging to me.
However, as a foreigner (I came from China), I've never filed lawsuit before. I (and my family too) am sort of scared of doing it. I saw some people in this forum who have similar cases and have filed (and several of you are also in Boton area). I was wondering whether anybody can give me some advice on the following questions:

1. I called US District Court today and they told me where to start. But when I read the instructions, I couldn't understand a lot of terms. I don't want to hire a lawyer. But can I really do it on my own?
2. Many of you have called Congressman for the issue. I did it too back in summer but his secretary told me the same as INS told me --wait. Shall I try Congressman or senator again before filing the lawsuit to prove that I have exhausted all other means, or just go ahead and sue them?
3. I've been to INS office numerous times (also FBI Boston office). But I haven't saved copies of my infopass as evidence. Also there was no written record for my contact with the congressman. Will the court believe me if I don't have the written/print-out evidence? I do have letters from INS and FBI telling me to do nothing but wait.

These are some major things in my mind now. Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Yiling