help on EAD/140/485

krisnkris

Registered Users (C)
hi
i got my EAD AND also 140 got cleared.
some body told once i used my ead i have to loose my H1 status.
what does it mean. i don't want to loose my h1 till i get my GC.
so i can not use my ead by keeping H1 status.

please help me on this.

thanks
kris

Your understanding is correct.

Once you use your EAD, it invalidates your H1 status. If you want to continue on H1 then you have to keep renewing your H1 and keep stamping on PP in order to travel abroad. Otherwise, you work on EAD and get AP to travel abroad.

thanks to u reply.
could u please clear these questions..

1)so how can i use my EAD for part time jobs. like if i use my EAD for part time jobs(nothing related to software, my present job) also i have to loose my H1 status.
2)in that case what is the use of EAD.
3) in that case if i never use my EAD before my GC approval what is the use of AP(advance payroll). still i can use my AP to go out and come back to US.

thanks
kris

If the people wants to change a job during thier 485 is pending, then they can use this EAD for working with new employer and AP for traveling abroad.

In your case, you want to do a s/w job using H1 and part time job using EAD. But the problem is you are being adjucated by INS for your s/w skills not the part time job. Even if your part time job involves a similar job mentioned in the labor filing, still you will lose your H1 status.

Before your final aprroval has come for 485, say you lost the job or say you wnat a better job, then the need of EAD arises.

first of all thank u very much.

i didn't menstion any part time job for my 140 approval.
so now i can use my EAD for part time job with out loosing H1 status.

in the same way my wise is on h4 , she was not doing any job while applying my GC. now if she want to work part time she will also loose her H4 status.
a)if she loose her H4 no problem while my gc approval.

after 3 years visa extention i got 3 more years. but i did't send my pass port for visa stamping.

now if i don't want to use my EAD can i use my AP for return to USA, means with out sending my passports for visa in india.

thanks
kris