Help! "number of trips abroad" question on N-400

umeboshi1

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I noticed on the N-400 that I need to list every trip longer than 24 hours that I took outside of the US since becoming a lawful permanent resident. This is extremely difficult for me because I have been a permanent resident for 14 years and as a free-lance musician hired for various tours, have taken hundreds of trips during this time. Much of the record relating to my schedule for several of these years has been lost due to a hard drive crash! Does any one know if this section on the application requires complete and accurate list of ALL the trips taken? What happens if the list is incomplete or inaccurate?

I appreciate any insight! Thank you so much!

Check the requirement better... I maybe wrong but my application just required the last 5 years. If you don't have your passport for the last 5 years do as JoeF said and write down "to the best of my recollection". If you have to err is better add some more days to each of your trips but remember that you can't be absent for more than 6 months a year during the prior 5 years of your N-400 submission.

Cheers

i believe the guideline / application requires applicant to fill out all travel dates since s/he got the PR status.

i might be wrong since i do not have the form and guideline to check it anymore.

Thank you for your replies. I did download teh application and it requires a list of all trips since becoming P.R., not just for the last 5 years.

umeboshi1 said:
Thank you for your replies. I did download teh application and it requires a list of all trips since becoming P.R., not just for the last 5 years.

it is correct. Usually people would apply citizenship once they become eligible. that is why someone would think they only need to report last 5 yrs for the trips they had.

ocworker said:
it is correct. Usually people would apply citizenship once they become eligible. that is why someone would think they only need to report last 5 yrs for the trips they had.

you know what, that's correct... i've applied immediately as I've completed the five years hence declaring only 5 years,,,sorry for the misinfo...