Help! Newark interview ended with no decision.

robertx71

Registered Users (C)
I have been to Newark office recently for an interview.
The officer said he had no problem approve my case except FBI has yet to complete my background check.

My understanding of background check consists two parts: FP and name check. My 2nd FP is still valid. So I called USCIS customer service and no help there which is no surprise. I also faxed to 202-324-2399 and e-mailed to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov for name check a week ago without response.

My situation has a minor complication. I had a NIW-based(self-petitioned) I-485 filed on Feb 11, 2002. My employer had filed a RIR-based I-485 this June. That is I have two I-485 pending with the same A#.

I never changed employer. So I considered my case straight.

Anybody in the same boat? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I heard that two pending I-485 cases sometimes do cause confusion to FBI. But that may not necessarily be the reason for your situation. I remember several postings on this forum mentioned that their name checks were not finished by the time of interviews and hence delayed the decisions. They didn't say they had two pending i-485 or other kind of complications. My feeling is that such situation happens randomly. I think you should be fine. Take it easy.