Help!!! New to Thread: I130 approved

lbankol

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My interview for N400(Citizenship) is a week away and my question is on that day when i receive my naturalization certificate can i call to upgrade the I-130 for my spouse, do i send I-485 along with the other applications with the request for upgrade or do i need to wait till i get the response for the request of the upgrade?"

Another question is that my spouse was in the US on a visitors visa in 2003 when i applied for her I130 and she went back but came back with the same visa(multiple visa) in jan 2005 and she has been out of status since then.
Her I-130 was approved Aug 2005 and case sent to a foreign embassy until visa number is available. Since shes here in the US with me and i become a USC we do not have to wait for a visa number, can i just file I-485, I-765 and others immediately after i upgrade from LPR to a USC or do i have to anything special because i choosed a foreign embassy when i applied originally.

Thank u in advance for any responses.

lbankol

Hi, u need not worry... fill out I485, G325A, I693, I765< 2 colour photos, a copy of approved I130, copy of ur naturalization certificate< Send it all to the Chicago lock box @ USCIS PO.BOX 805887, CHICAGO,IL 60680-4120...GOOD LUCK...I do hope this helps.... :)

Thanks Charchamps for your response. So i do not need to upgrade the I130 with NVC before sending it to USCIS at the chicago address.

Thanks

No, coz the case has been sent to the consulate abroad, so therefore it is out of NVC hands.. Also u produce a I864..If u have ur copies u can send them a copy of it...Good Luck dear..Do hope this helps. :)

this is kind of tricky

you need to show proof that you sent an I-130 or they will just kick back the application.

if you have a receipt letter for the I-130 showing a receipt date then go ahead and send a copy of that along with the other stuff.

If not then you may have to wait until you get a response.

bb_5555 said:
this is kind of tricky

you need to show proof that you sent an I-130 or they will just kick back the application.

if you have a receipt letter for the I-130 showing a receipt date then go ahead and send a copy of that along with the other stuff.

If not then you may have to wait until you get a response.

Thanks for all your responses. I have the receipt notice for the I-130, even better the I-130 was approved Aug '05. The letter states that my spouse will be contacted when visa number is available at the foreign consulate i chosed in the I130 application. What i think i need to do is when i get my citizenship next week, i will just submit I-485, I-765 ..etc to USCIS with a copy of my approved I-130. I guess i do not need to contact NVC :confused: As earlier stated from one of the responses the case has been sent to a foreign consulate. (Don't they need to know that am changing from Consulate processing to Adjustment of Status :confused: )

Thanks