• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help needed!

captainwomble

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I received my notification letter (I presume that's what "NL" means on this forum) this week - it's dated April 25.
My number is 2008EU00017XXX (irish application).

I'm completely new to this and I have a few of questions which I'd appreciate some help with.

1. What's "CP" and what does it entail?
2. In my "Letter to diversity visa applicant - 2008" it states in the 'enclosures' section that I should have received a section entitled "Visa instructions for diversity visa applicants", however I can't seem to find this anywhere. Anyone know what to do?
3. How do I find out whioch embassies/consulates hold interviews (I'm residing in the UK)?
4. Based on my number, what's the consensus of my chances of getting an intervies/green card?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi and congratulations! I also got the NL this year. I couldn't find the "Visa instructions for diversity visa applicants" either so I sent KCC an email. They said it will be mailed to me but so far I didn't get it. Does anyone know a place where it can be downloaded?
About your other questions: I'm new to this too so I'll let other people answer those.

Hi guys,

I received my notification letter (I presume that's what "NL" means on this forum) this week - it's dated April 25.
My number is 2008EU00017XXX (irish application).

I'm completely new to this and I have a few of questions which I'd appreciate some help with.

1. What's "CP" and what does it entail?
2. In my "Letter to diversity visa applicant - 2008" it states in the 'enclosures' section that I should have received a section entitled "Visa instructions for diversity visa applicants", however I can't seem to find this anywhere. Anyone know what to do?
3. How do I find out whioch embassies/consulates hold interviews (I'm residing in the UK)?
4. Based on my number, what's the consensus of my chances of getting an intervies/green card?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

About Question 3, wherever there is a US Consulate in the UK, there should be able to hold interviews i.e if you know for sure that that consulate near you issues visas everyday.

If you are not sure, go to the US Embassy for UK site, it should give details.

And, where in the UK are you living ? If in London, specify London, UK, because they for sure do GC interviews

My package does not contain those instructions

Hi
I don't have this 'Visa Instructions for Diversity Imigrant Visa Program' enclosed in the package. Went to the recommended link (http://dv2008.narod.ru/dv2008.pdf) but it doesn't contain this instructions either. Can anybody send me a scanned copy of this form, or give me a link where I can find it.
I need to find out from where to obtain this police certificate: from the country I am applying from or from the country I live for 7 years now (Canada)? What kind of translations are acceptable? What about military service: is this only for professional military personel or it includes all of us that went thru the mandatory service in former komunist countries? If my education is sufficient, is it OK to check 'No' on the question about Work experience within last 5 years, so I save myself the trouble of obtaining proofs?
Please help,
johnsimon66@excite.com

you need to get a police certificate from any country where you spent more than a year after reaching 16 years of age.

Yes, if you served in the army, you need to produce your military records.

any certified translations are suitable. Read more on the forum.

Instructions Needed

Thank you LucyMO,

Can you please direct me to a link where I can find those detailed instructions about police clearance, what kind of military records to produce, etc.
I will also send an email to the KCC but I am afraid they will delay it.

military records - since you are writing about communist countries, do you have a "voennyj bilet"? if not, do you have anything that shows when and where you served?

About the police clearance - go to www.travel.state.gov. In "search" enter the name of the country where you need to obtain a certificate from and the words : reciprocity police record. You will find a reciprocity schedule for your country which explains where you can get a police report.

It's usually an offocial-looking piece of paper that can be obtained through an embassy or a local police department (if you have somebody who can go get it) that says that you were never arrested, cited, charged, wanted for a crime, etc. Unless, of course, you were ever arrested, cited, imprisoned, etc., in which case that opens a whole new can of worms.

What about education vs. work and translations?

Thank you LucyMO, the link and search advice was very helpful.
I have few more questions:
1. Provided that my education level is above high school (university), is it safe to answer NO on the question about last 5 years work experince so I don't go into trouble of providing proofs from employers?
2. What kind of translations are acceptable: is it sufficient just to be from a certified translator and which translators are considered certified?
3. Is there a need to register translations in the consular department of the country of origin? They requested that when we emigrated to Canada in 1999.

if you have high school education, you don't really need to worry about proving that you actually worked. It simply doesn't matter. So list your work if you are not ashamed of it, since it will show that you have actually worked. Have you actually worked in the last five years? Whether officially or not.

2) Every translation is considered certified if it is signed by a person who is proficient in both languages and he/she certifies to it.

certification by a translator

3) no. The translations usually need to also be notarized if the original documents are not in the language of the country where your interview will be. For example, the interview is in Moscow, but the original document is in Uzbek - the translation needs to be certified and notarized.

My friend and I signed translations for my parents, she also signed translations for me, and we got them notarized just because we have a free notary at work. Didn't need to, though.