Help Needed

lcmsd

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All

After got my 485 approval notice two days agao. I got a fingerprint notice today. It asked me to appear for fingerprint 8:00am TODAY. Yeah, I missed it. What a mess!

And according to the notice, I have to write to the Application Support center to reschedule, they will arrange it for "the next available Wed or Sat afternoon".

The problem is if I write to them, whether they will make same mistake? And I am in the process of moving, can I ask them to schedule a fingerprint in my new place?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

lcmsd:

That's typical of USCIS :D

Just re-schedule the fingerprinting while waiting for your GC to arrive
in your mail. As you may be aware, fingerprinting is of NO use as you've
gotten your approvals.

Don't move to the new place yet, as USCIS will mail your card to the old
address. Secondly, it is a nightmare to apply for replacement card if you
move now.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

Once you receive your approval notice and cards, is there anything else we need to do, like getting stamped in the passport etc. I was wondering how can we travel outside the country if not stamped in the passport. Would the Green Card be the only one required for travel outside or is there anything we need to do. Please let me know, as I have delayed my journey to my home country for a long time and I desperately want to go asap.

By the way, I got my approval mail recently on 30th june and am waiting for the plastic card to arrive.

lcmsd said:
Hi, All

After got my 485 approval notice two days agao. I got a fingerprint notice today. It asked me to appear for fingerprint 8:00am TODAY. Yeah, I missed it. What a mess!

And according to the notice, I have to write to the Application Support center to reschedule, they will arrange it for "the next available Wed or Sat afternoon".

The problem is if I write to them, whether they will make same mistake? And I am in the process of moving, can I ask them to schedule a fingerprint in my new place?

Thanks in advance.

Try this
using thsi notice go to FP office explain them tehcase they might take it
did you already got card? if yes i guess u shd not worry
alternativel talk to officer by taking infopass

gcnohope said:
Once you receive your approval notice and cards, is there anything else we need to do, like getting stamped in the passport etc. I was wondering how can we travel outside the country if not stamped in the passport. Would the Green Card be the only one required for travel outside or is there anything we need to do. Please let me know, as I have delayed my journey to my home country for a long time and I desperately want to go asap.

By the way, I got my approval mail recently on 30th june and am waiting for the plastic card to arrive.

I beleiove once you have cards you don't need any stamping for travel.

gcnohope said:

Congratulations on your approval.
Yes ..I think the Green card will be the only one required to re-enter US (along with your PP ofcourse :D ). Did you get 'card-mailed' e-mail already?

Last edited by a moderator:
lcmsd said:
Hi, All

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations...
If you think that your FP was expired before approval, then you may have to consider it. If you have already received card-ordered or card-mailed e-mails, then no need to worry.
Good luck!

Thank you all for replying.

It turns out that the fingerprint notice is code2 (for picture and right index finger), it is for making the card. I went to a different ACS , and they accept me with no problem. and the card was mailed out about 1 week later.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.