Help needed: Received RFE for medical (immunization)

smallfish

Registered Users (C)
On page 2 it reads:

Form I-693: Submit Form I-693 (Medical Examination) that has been completed and signed by a physician who is on the Civil Surgeon's List. The Form I-693 you submiteed states you are not current for the age-specific immunization. Obtain the necessary immunization and submit and updated Form I-693

Supplemental Form to the I-693: Submit the supplemental form showing your immunization record

I had medical examiniation in March 2002. Don't know which immunization I'm not current for. Anybody has the same experience?

Hi,

I had a similar RFE for Immunization details. My attorney told me to go the doc and get another certificate. I went. I got. I even had to change the doctor as the old one was an imbecile. She had no Idea of what the supplimentary form was. Go to an approved doc and you can get it done from them. However your RFE looks like they want the whole medical exam done again. Mine was only for the supplimentary (immunization record) so I got only that done. Still waiting for reciept/acceptance from USCIS.

Check with your attorney about it.

Regards
FHN

PS: This topic has been discussed more than a few times. Please do a search on the forum too. You might get some more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, your RFE is not for the Whole Exam. If it were complete medical, they would state I-693. If it is only for immunizations, they would ask you I-693 Supplemental.

Since they ask for supplemental, they are talking about your immunizations. You doc will fill these out for you. Take your Yellow immuziation card.

smallfish said:
On page 2 it reads:

Form I-693: Submit Form I-693 (Medical Examination) that has been completed and signed by a physician who is on the Civil Surgeon's List. The Form I-693 you submiteed states you are not current for the age-specific immunization. Obtain the necessary immunization and submit and updated Form I-693

mango_pickle said:
Ok, your RFE is not for the Whole Exam. If it were complete medical, they would state I-693. If it is only for immunizations, they would ask you I-693 Supplemental.

mango_pickle: From what smallfish had written as quoted above it would appear that they need the I693 as well. I could be wrong but that is what the language seems to suggest. I think that the attorney can give a better idea.

Regards
FHN

I noticed that on my I-693 (green copy for applicant) the immunization determination field was not checked. Remarks(written by the doctor): Td unavailable.

I vaguely remember the doctor mentioned something like Td when I had immunizations. Anyhow, sounds like I need to redo the whole medical exam and get immunizations I "missed" and submit the supplemental form (yellow card) too.

Advice from my attorney:
It sounds like the doctor missed something. According to the directions at the USCIS web site, "Note that the vaccination supplement accompanying Form I-693 is not included on this internet posting. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have sent the vaccination supplement directly to the civil surgeons for them to photocopy, fill out on behalf of each applicant, and attach to Form I-693 for submission to USCIS." See also http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm.

I recommend that you return to the doctor with the USCIS notice and ask them to correct this error.

Yes, Im sorry. I missed that. It says complete medical. Go to any immi doc. Do your complete medical. Complete medical has vaccination stuff too. But again check with your doc to see if I-693 supplement has to be sent separately. Show your RFE to the doc. S/he will be able to suggest accordingly.