• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help needed : Photo ID

Nightingle

Registered Users (C)
My parents interviewd on 13th October in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
My mother is the principal applicant and father is the benificiary. Documents of my mother were all ok, she provided some Photo ID cards when the consular officer seek for it, and he was satisfied.She also provided some family photos to prove the relationship with my father, apparently they accepted that.

But the problem is , my father provided one PHoto ID that is the national ID card of Bangladesh.Yet, they demanded one more valid ID card!!

Problem is, he had a very old passport which was issued 35 year ago. There is a little spelling mistake of name in that. Should he provide it to the embassy ?No other ID cards are available , bcos he is 65 yrs old a person!!

Help needed!! Urgent !!Please!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents interviewd on 13th October in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
My mother is the principal applicant and father is the benificiary. Documents of my mother were all ok, she provided some Photo ID cards when the consular officer seek for it, and he was satisfied.She also provided some family photos to prove the relationship with my father, apparently they accepted that.

But the problem is , my father provided one PHoto ID that is the national ID card of Bangladesh.Yet, they demanded one more valid ID card!!

Problem is, he had a very old passport which was issued 35 year ago. There is a little spelling mistake of name in that. Should he provide it to the embassy ?No other ID cards are available , bcos he is 65 yrs old a person!!

Help needed!! Urgent !!Please!!
Hi Nightingle,
First of all I really don't get the idea of asking for more than one photo ID. For me it doesn't give any sense especially when I see that it is asked for a 65 years old man. Anyway, is it not possible to get a new passport for your father with the correct name? I don't think the fact that it would be a new passport matters. I think they only want to check if he is really the person your mother filled as a husband. If time is not a constraint, I think that may be one idea. I don't think your parents should give the consulate any reason (like the spelling error on the old passport) that may lead to their visa denial. What do other forum members say on this? Good luck to your parents.

Get a new passport ? How long does it take to make one in Bengladesh?
is this passport still valid after 35 y ?!

Thanks, Labora2 and Jeffy14,

Actually new passport is not possible to prepare now. Bcos they already kept the photocopy of that. More than that, the education certificates of my father bears the name that exactly appears in the new passport.

They already kept the National ID card for further verification and kept the phone number.

Now, i think , we may provide the old passport ( this is not the current passport, it is a very old and different one) although it has a little alphabet mistake, "U" was used instead of "A", like TASADDAQUL was written as TASADDUQUL in the name.DOB and other information are ok. And at the same time , we may write a letter mentioning , no other Photo ID cards are availbale.

We want to do this becos, somewhere i read, spelling mistakes are accepted in case of ID cards if it is possible to mention an appropriate explanation.

Thanks, Labora2 and Jeffy14,

Actually new passport is not possible to prepare now. Bcos they already kept the photocopy of that. More than that, the education certificates of my father bears the name that exactly appears in the new passport.

They already kept the National ID card for further verification and kept the phone number.

Now, i think , we may provide the old passport ( this is not the current passport, it is a very old and different one) although it has a little alphabet mistake, "U" was used instead of "A", like TASADDAQUL was written as TASADDUQUL in the name.DOB and other information are ok. And at the same time , we may write a letter mentioning , no other Photo ID cards are availbale.

We want to do this becos, somewhere i read, spelling mistakes are accepted in case of ID cards if it is possible to mention an appropriate explanation.
I think this should be okay as it looks to be a minor error. I wish all the best to ur parents.