Help needed on the Citizenship Case

pob6171

Registered Users (C)
Can someone please guide as to what tel no or contact info to use to check if one's name and security check has cleared the FBI and other Relevant Agencies. My interview was quick and easy (hardly 10 mins) and the IO informed me that she is only waiting on the security check clearance. Rest she made me sign the form and had informed that everything else is fine. I would greatly appreciate if someone in the same situation can guide me as what can be done to expedite the case and the contact info for the relevant Govt Agencies. FYI I have no conviction or records whatsoever in my last 13years in US.
Grealty appreciate all help indeed.
Thanks

Pending Clerance for Citizenship Case After the Interview

This Forum has been a great inspiration for me and my family over the last 14 years when I had started my immigration journey from F-1 to H-1b to Greencard and now to USC. I would greatly appreciate if senior members could please help me in the final step of my endeavour. My wife and I had applied for our USC application in March,2013 based on my Employment Based Green Card. We had the finger printing togehter in April and were called in for the interview also together in 3rd week fo May. My interview was very quick and easy (10 mins) and the IO told me all is good, made me sign the forms, but said she had not recieved yet my security clerance yet. Upon my inquiring on how long it would take she mentioned it would take upto 2 weeks and once they get it they will call me in for the Oath. My wife however got instantly approved and got the Naturalization Certificate the same afternoon. Now its been almost 3 weeks and I have not heard anything back yet. Can someone please guide as to what tel no or contact info to use to check if one's name and security check has cleared the FBI and other Relevant Agencies. I would greatly appreciate if someone in the same situation can guide me as what can be done to expedite the case and the contact info for the relevant Govt Agencies. DOes anyone know if I can go back to the same Service Center where my interview was conducted to check with the same IO? has anyone everd one that and the consequences.
Thanks

Waiting is always a good option

This Forum has been a great inspiration for me and my family over the last 14 years when I had started my immigration journey from F-1 to H-1b to Greencard and now to USC. I would greatly appreciate if senior members could please help me in the final step of my endeavour. My wife and I had applied for our USC application in March,2013 based on my Employment Based Green Card. We had the finger printing togehter in April and were called in for the interview also together in 3rd week fo May. My interview was very quick and easy (10 mins) and the IO told me all is good, made me sign the forms, but said she had not recieved yet my security clerance yet. Upon my inquiring on how long it would take she mentioned it would take upto 2 weeks and once they get it they will call me in for the Oath. My wife however got instantly approved and got the Naturalization Certificate the same afternoon. Now its been almost 3 weeks and I have not heard anything back yet. Can someone please guide as to what tel no or contact info to use to check if one's name and security check has cleared the FBI and other Relevant Agencies. I would greatly appreciate if someone in the same situation can guide me as what can be done to expedite the case and the contact info for the relevant Govt Agencies. DOes anyone know if I can go back to the same Service Center where my interview was conducted to check with the same IO? has anyone everd one that and the consequences.
Thanks

I suggest that you simply wait. If your case is clean -- that is you have never committed a crime -- it will eventually be cleared. There are thousands of stories of people getting stuck in security clearance for strange reasons (like your name being similar to a terrorist, or your visit to countries with terrorist training camps even if you were hiking there, etc.). The Government does not deliberately delay any cases, they are just doing their job.

I am in the same situation. My wife case got approved and she got her Citizenship and mine was told that they need to another round of FBI Name check, due to my Birth certificate name which includes middle name (different from Passport, DL, GC, Certificates etc...where no middle name)....Waiting days started for me as well

Mlnaras,
Is there any relationship between the amount of time it takes to clear your name check during the GC process and during the citizenship process? Did you have to wait a lot five years ago? My husband's name check took over four years back in 2004-2008 time frame and actually never really cleared (see my other post) so we are not really hopeful that this process would be quick for us this time around.