Help needed on I-485 RFE

cbr_139

Registered Users (C)
My wife received an RFE for I-485. On her Indian birth certificate, her name is not registered; just stated female child. The RFE is on this.

Can someone help how to address this RFE? or Any pointers to posts that discussed this issue.

She was born in Madras and the birth certificate is issued by Corporation of Madras. We don't know anyone in Madras. Any idea how difficult is it to contact someone there?

Our time line:

EB1 OR
I-140 ND May 04, Approved Dec 04

I-485 pending since Dec.2004

Affidavits

If the authorities in India cannot issue a birth certificate with the name of the child and parents, then you have to submit affidavits from relatives who would be qualified to attest your wife's name and the names of her parents (that is, older relatives, who were old enough when she was born to be able to testify to this). I believe the USCIS site has some more detailed information about this on the section regarding supporting documents for I-485. I don't know exactly what happens if you don't have such relatives - I believe they ask for any supporting information you can provide - like childhood immunization records, school records, etc.
Hopefully somebody who has done this will be able to give a more detailed opinion.
Good luck!

Thats right. Most BCs in India do not write name of the child becasue most of them do not have official names by then. You have to submit 3 affidavits one from dad, mom and a relative who was >18yrs old at the time of your birth like a maternal uncle. The affidavits are to be on a stamp paper (denomination doesnt matter). The affidavits should mention your full name and the relationship of person to you and that he testifies that you were born on that day at that place.