Help needed - FP will expire while I-485 is pending

william_cn

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

My Finger Print will expire on the end of March, 2003, and my I-485 was filed on September, 2001. BCIS(formerly INS) received my RFE on Feb. 24, 2003, but still didn't approve it.

My question is: if BCIS doesn't approve my case by the end of March, do I need to do the Finger Printing again, or supposingly they might process it soon in April and might waive it?

Thanks for your idea and experience!

William

Could somebody help me on this issue???

Could you somebody tells me if BCIS will require me to do finger printing again after it is expired for 15 months, or there are some possibilities that they may think it is OK and won't let me to do that?

Why I have such question is that I don't want to wait for another several months.

Thanks in ahead!

William, In most cases they would try to approve the case before the fingerprints expire. But if they do expire, you will have to do a second fingerprinting. There are no exceptions to that as far as I know. But looking at the way they are approving RFE's I would think you will get your approval before the end of this month.

Good luck.

I'm almost positive that they would see if your fingerprint is still valid. call IIO and explain your scenario, you might get approved before end of March.

William -

When you say you know that the Finger Prints will expire by end of this month are you implying that the Validity is 365 days?

Thanks - B.

Bill - Thanks for the prompt response. Keep us posted on your case. I am especially curious since BCIS received my RFE response on March 18, 2003. Hopefully they will keep up the trend of turning around the final decision in a few days.

Best Regards - B.