Help needed for my RFE

nbk10081

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,
I already mentioned in a different thread about RFE for my case.
My RD is 11/13/2001 and RFE was on 03/20/2003.
Today I recieved my RFE details, just like every body its emp letter, and last 2years tax returns. BCIS wants me to specifically mention Date of hire, Job duties, Remuneration, and Prospect for continued employment.
Since my company is small, and we really don't have HR, I myself prepare all the paper work. I am taking care of every thing BCIS has asked, I need suggestions/format for " Prospect for Continued employment ".
If anybody had a similar RFE and have suggestions, please let me know. I would appreciate your help guys.

nbk10081:

In the employment letter formats that I've seen, this is what is what a typical one looks like:

This is to certify that <Name> is a full-time employee of <Company>. <Name> started with <Company> on xx/xx/xxxx. <Name> is employed as <Title>. <Name> receives an annual salary of $xx,xxx. His/her job duties include x...y....z. The prospect of continued future employment of <Name> with <Company> is very good.

We hereby request you to kindly approve the case of <Name> in order that he/she may continue working with <Company>.

If you have applied through a lawyer then the lawyer should be able to provide you with the right format.
Do you know why you got this RFE? Normally they provide reasons for RFEs.
Anyway this RFE is usual and you will get approved very soon.
Good Luck.

Question

nbk, did you submit all these docs with your original application ? Is the BCIS asking for more recent copies ? I was also issued an RFE, am trying to figure out what it might be about.

Thks.

Thanks letsforgetit, My lawer did send me a format, which was nothing but the one he sent me while applying for 485. The format is not impressive, He wants my company to write if necessary.

Jopa, I did submit all the info while applying for 485, I am not sure why I got RFE. They asked me two things, Emp letter explaining " date of hire ", " duties ", " remuneration " and finally
" prospect for future employment ". Probably you will get the same query.

Thanks nbk, that really helps. I haven't yet received my RFE notice yet. Did you get a copy of your notice at home or was it sent to the lawyers.

How did you guys respond to the RFE for tax returns? Did you apply for (1) Copies of tax returns (2) Transcripts of tax returns (3) Xeroxed your original.

Your inputs would be highly appreciated.

I recently got approved and had a similar RFE.

The format of the letter is close to what is mentioned in one the posting in this thread.

And answer to other posting regarding copies.... I am not sure if I fully understand your question. But here is what my lawyer adviced me to send.

Copies ( xerox copies ) of the Tax return. It seems they are specifically interested in w2. So dont forget to make copies of W2's and other relevant documents you attached with the Income tax filing.

I suggest do not submit anything in original.... May be you would want to attest it from the Lawyer that the copies are of the original. I had my copies employment letters attested from the lawyer.

Hope above helps.

ravi2168-
My question was - if the RFE has tax return for year 2001(say) then what do you submit? Would transcripts from a IRS office be sufficient or would you need copies(from IRS office)? But it looks like just xerox copies of the returns that you have are sufficient(from your post).

Tiger100 - When you apply your taxes, you do it three ways.
1) HR Block 2) Online or 3) Manual. In both 1 and 2 you get copies of what you filed (Just the 1040). In the 3rd case, you have to make copies of the filled 1040 before you mail to IRS. Anyways, you have to send the 1040 (Copies) to BCIS in case of tax returns RFE. A copy of your W2 will also helps.
Hope this would answer your q.