Help Needed for EAD/AP Renewal

I Have Patience

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am filing EAD/AP renewal.I need answers regarding the following queries.I plan to paper file.

1. How many copies of AP need to be sent as documentaion?

2.What should I write for the date EAD was applied last time.Is it the 485 filing date or date on EAD card?
(This is Q 11 on EAD form)

3. The check for EAD is to be written to INS....are they really accepting on outdated name?

4. The photographic requirement for AP and EAD are very different-one requires 1.5 x 1.5 inch.Other requires 2x 2.One needs retouched pics other needs unretouchedand so on....What to do about that? I remember last time I sent all same kind.

5.When I applied for original EAD my husband had only 1 passport,but now in between his passport expired and he had a new one(visa is stamped on old one so he carries both).Do we need to send biographic info of both his passports or only one-if yes -which one?Hope this is not an issue with them.

Please pour in your opinions.I need to file them fast.

Regards
I Have Patience

I Have Patience said:
Hello All,

I am filing EAD/AP renewal.I need answers regarding the following queries.I plan to paper file.

1. How many copies of AP need to be sent as documentaion?
I sent a photocopy

2.What should I write for the date EAD was applied last time.Is it the 485 filing date or date on EAD card?
Where are you seeing this??? Question 11 asks Have you applied for EAD card. Yes or no. If yes what center. Results : granted or denied. Attach all documentation it says.

3. The check for EAD is to be written to INS....are they really accepting on outdated name?

4. The photographic requirement for AP and EAD are very different-one requires 1.5 x 1.5 inch.Other requires 2x 2.One needs retouched pics other needs unretouchedand so on....What to do about that? I remember last time I sent all same kind.

All the photos I sent are the same for EAD and AP. Heres the link for the standard.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

5.When I applied for original EAD my husband had only 1 passport,but now in between his passport expired and he had a new one(visa is stamped on old one so he carries both).Do we need to send biographic info of both his passports or only one-if yes -which one?Hope this is not an issue with them.

I have an expired passport also. I sent the newest one.

Regards
I Have Patience

Last edited by a moderator:
How many copies of AP need to be sent as documentaion?
--> 1 copy

--> The date you applied EAD. i.e. the RD of your EAD application.

--> Send the check favoring U.S.C.I.S and not INS. The instructions are outdated, so ignore.

--> You have to send same photographs. These are the normal PASSPORT style photos(full face) and ot ADIT style (sideways).

--> Send copy of latest passport. The previous one expired, so you must use new one.

I Have Patience
--> Aren't they totally opposite statments ?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sertra

Thank you so much for your help.

sertra2002 said:
How many copies of AP need to be sent as documentaion?
--> 1 copy

--> The date you applied EAD. i.e. the RD of your EAD application.

--> Send the check favoring U.S.C.I.S and not INS. The instructions are outdated, so ignore.

--> You have to send same photographs. These are the normal PASSPORT style photos(full face) and ot ADIT style (sideways).

--> Send copy of latest passport. The previous one expired, so you must use new one.

I Have Patience
--> Aren't they totally opposite statments ?? :)

EAD/AP Qtns please answer

My 485 is pendng at VSC. I am going to apply for EAD/AP renewal today.

Checks for both EAD and AP, should be payble to USCIS or Department of Homeland Security?

I believe I should mail application forms and documents to VSC address. NOT Chicago. Am I right?

I am sending both the applications in one envelop? Is that ok?

Please answer.

srz said:
My 485 is pendng at VSC. I am going to apply for EAD/AP renewal today.

Checks for both EAD and AP, should be payble to USCIS or Department of Homeland Security?

I believe I should mail application forms and documents to VSC address. NOT Chicago. Am I right?

I am sending both the applications in one envelop? Is that ok?

Please answer.

You can make checks payable to either U.S.C.I.S or Department of Homeland Security. AS USCIS falls under Dept. of Homeland security, both are fine. Don't worry they'll find a way get your money, no matter who you make check payable to ! :)

Yes, if it is employment based app, mail to VSC (where your I-485 is pending).

I would send applications in separate envelopes as both go to different P.O. box address.

Thanks sertra2002 for your reply. I did mail both applications together. I found following note in vermont USCIS.gov web site.

"NOTE: Separate PO Box numbers and Zip codes are no longer required for the different form types, with the exception of N-400 applications and special problem cases."

Hope it will be ok.