Help Needed for Canada PR stamping,passport expiring

anp01

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

I got strange problem. Please guide me.
I am on H1B in USA. My stamped H1b and I-94 is expiring on sep30th 2004. My company has applied for extension. My passport is also expiring in Feb 2005.

Now ,I got request for passport from Buffalo Canadian consulate for PR Visa stamping. I submitted my medical in April2004. (Basically, I want to delay landing in Canada and don't want to go India soon for H4 stamping.)

My questions.
1. If I send my passport in this week (Aug 8th 2004), What will be my last date for landing in Canada for PR. Is there any relation with passport expiry date?
2. if I go to Canada after Sept 30 2004 with extension approval (without valid H1b stamping), Will I face any problem in entering USA.

3. Or I should enter and return from Canada before Sept 30 2004 is only my best option.

Please suggest.

My questions.
1. If I send my passport in this week (Aug 8th 2004), What will be my last date for landing in Canada for PR. Is there any relation with passport expiry date?

Ans: You are allowed to land in Canada as a PR till the expiry date of your canada PR visa and not yoru passport. Check that date and make sure you land before that.

2. if I go to Canada after Sept 30 2004 with extension approval (without valid H1b stamping), Will I face any problem in entering USA.

Check in USA immigration for automatic validation. Don't think it is there. You may need another stamp.

3. Or I should enter and return from Canada before Sept 30 2004 is only my best option.

Probably Yes..

Please suggest.

Landing and returning back

Hi ,

I need help for following questions. I want land in Montreal and come back next day to US.
1. In my initial PR application, I requested landing in Toronto(ON), But now I want to enter Canada from Montreal.
My COPR is like this,

“15. Full Name , Address and Relationship of person willing to assist:
16: 2147xx
17. 321
Toronto (ON) Dest: 3812 “

Are they expecting me to land in ON? Is any problem, if I land in Montreal?.
I heard that Quebec immigration process is different from ON.

2. Should I take my car or rental will be the best option?

3. Should I give I 94 to Canadian authorities on landing or I should hide that (as suggested in many postings). So, if I give I94 to Canadian immigration, then US authorities will issue me new I94 Is that right?.

Thanks in advance.