Help needed: FBI name check

possible?

Registered Users (C)
I called the FBI name check number around one week ago but still haven't heard from them. Anyone on the same boat?

Does it mean I am blocked in that stage?

Thanks

details

Provide your immigration details / profile, so you can give / be given some meaningful response.
With all the FBI inquiries, they may have a backlog.
It maybe a ship, not a boat.

Here are the details

From their message at the voice mailbox, they only need 48 hours to call back. But now it is already one week.

Here are the details of my case:

RD: Oct 2002
ND: Oct 2002
AP & EAD: Jan 2003
FP1: Dec 2002
FP2: Still waiting
AP2 & EAD2: Jan 2004

I left a voice mail and then faxed them more than a month ago and still have not heard back from them. I have read similar instance here from other people.

I do not think they respond that quickly.

Same here...

I have not recieved a reply either. They do say 48 work hours, which basically means 6 working days.

However it has been a few weeks for me.

no response for me either

I left a vm at the end of April, then fax them again on June 1, but never received any reply....

Add me there too.

I left a message on April 15, 04, then faxed on May 17, 04, and then faxed again with detailed contact information (e.g. email, mailing address) on June 2, 04. Never got any trace of responses.

Talked to a lady in FBI name check department. She was a bit impatient unlike other people in this forum mentioned "nice, and helpful". She said they got a huge backlog. So it is a huge fleet , not only a ship.

Guys,

Is there a central number for FBI name check (if so what is it?) or are there different numbers for different states/service centers (and how do I find what that number is for my state/VSC)?

Thanks in advance for you help folks :)

FBI Name Check Department called me back within two days.
I left them a voice message on 05/28/2004 (Friday) late evening and they called me back on (06/01/2004 or 06/02/2004).

Last edited by a moderator:
What they say, Edison?

Edison_NJ said:
FBI Name Check Department called me back within two days.
I left them a voice message on 05/28/2004 (Friday) late evening and they called me back on (06/01/2004 or 06/02/2004).

So what did they tell you about your name check? Can you share?

I may be wrong but seems like that FBI response to those whom name are cleared.

Please post if some one got a call and their name check is still pending.

Thanks

What does FBI name check mean? How do find out if I need one?

Please help me understand what does FBI name check mean and if i need to follow up with someboby. What stage do I need to see that if name cleared or not? Is it at the time of FP? I had my FP in Feb. 03 and I have not heard back from INS after that.

485ND:Nov. 02
FP1:Feb. 03

A Lady from FBI Name Check Department called me and told me "Your name check was completed and returned to INS on 12/23/2002" (1 1/2 years ago).
Then I asked her if I can check for my wife. She took my wife's name and called me back after 10 minutes and told me that my wife's name check was also completed on the same day.

To Edison_NJ

Edison_NJ, What all details I should need with me to ask for name check results from FBI?

Thanks

possible? said:
For those who need it, here is the number:

202 324 2399

exactly-- for those who need it!!!!!

the reason why it now takes so long to get a response from the FBI is because so many people-- who do not need to call-- are calling!!!

for some of your RD's, USCIS has probably not even requested a namecheck yet! because your case is not ready for adjudication!!

again-- please guys-- unless you have been told that your name check is pending [ie your case is only waiting FBI namecheck to be approved] there is no reason to call FBI-- 95% of namechecks clear in 72 hrs-- electronically. this is entirelt different process/dept / timeframe to FP's

if you all call to check unnecessarily then you will create a backlog and make it impossible for the people who desperately need to find out, to get any info.

calling FBI will not speed the process or help you UNLESS USCIS or senator/congressman/or interviewing officer has told you your FBI name check is pending-- then you can make sure there has not been a service error or failure to communicate!!!

please guys, when I put this number up here i asked you not to burn this bridge for others!!!

Edison

That is exactly what I was told. But think of it this way, FP1 was in March/April 2002 and name check was cleared in Dec 2002?

What about FP2? I gave my FP2 in October 2003 and that means it will take 8 or 9 months to clear? How come other PEOPLE ARE GETTING CLEARENCES A MONTH AFTER their second FP??