Help needed again.

SEEMA BAJAJ

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I need your help again. My parents are here in USA and I want to extend their visitor visa, is it possible? if yes, what is the procedure?

Thanks to all of you.

I know some who used the following trick but am not sure if it works.

Take u'r parents to Canada etc and while returning at POE u can get an extension. incase u'r lucky.

How about just dropping the I-94 at the airport and come back. I think it won't be a problem if they just stay at home.

Yes, I think it can be done unless INS has changed it's rules after September 11. I guess you can file I-539 to extend the non-imigrant status for your parents. You can always call INS and make sure about it though. The official INS site might have some information too.

There may be many loops for extending ur parents stay...but mind it will impose severe problem when they wanna leave to India and come to US again....overstay will always impose re-entry proble.

Ofcourse u can also make them stay here illegal but remember if at all they feel sick.....thats it... no insurance......they'll suffer a lot

pls. take into consideration all the facts & dont go for hasty decisions...we always wish to be near our parents but....

Did they get a 10year or 6 months visa from counslate?

A friend of mine got the visa of his mother extended a while back (before sep11) so I know it is possible, there can however be some problems coming back per Murthy chat transcripts.