Help needed about a company

jigsawpuzzle

Registered Users (C)
A relative of mine got an offer from International Business Solutions, LTD based in

HQ : 75 Bishop Street, Portland, Maine 04103
Phone:207 878 0323
Fax:207 878 0326
Mail:maine.sales@ibs-nj.com

NJ : 33 Wood Avenue South, Suite 600, Iselin, NJ – 08830
Phone:732 603 6426
Fax:732 603 6004
Mail:nj.sales@ibs-nj.com

They have asked him $2500 to process his H-1B. Is this sort of thing trustworthy? He is in India and has asked me to pay this processing fee.
My question is, is this how it normally works?? Does anyone know this company and whether it is legit?

Please help.

It's been known to happen, but it's illegal, so if anything goes wrong, it's hard to complain.
The idea is that a company filing for an H1B visa is supposed to need the skill and be willing to shell out the cost to get it from abroad.

jigsawpuzzle:

If I were you, I would call the company phone # and speak to somebody in detail and try to figure out how genuine the company and job offer to your friend is.

thanks,

Employer even can't sponsor H1 fee for bringing people from India, do you think he will take care of air fare and stay before he/she get a project... If your friend is willing to take care of all these expenses and want to come here then thats fine. Once he gets his H1 then easily he can transfer from here..Is thats what he want to do???

If I were you(assume I am in india), I won't consider at all and try other employers..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input

This is a genuine company because someone had done a search and found that they have applied for 60 H-1B's in 2004 alone.

My friend is willing to pay for all related expenses while waiting for a project. The company said that they will place him in an apartment while waiting for aproject (6 people maybe to an apartment).

In all honesty, this is a small amount to pay considering the potential payback. All we wanted to know was the assurance that they will actually use the money to file the H-1B.

He has 7 years of IT experience so it 'shouldnt' be a problem getting projects!
I have personally seen idiots with ZERO IT experience getting projects.

:cool:

go for it , 60 is a big number.

inexperienced people with much less experience have come on h1b with employers having one and a half employees and successfully got their gc's.

ins doesnt care if you join small plumbers inc or ibm inc , all are treated the same.

2.5k is a small figure compared to the roi he will get.

Does he plan on applying for his GC through that company? If they have 60 H1s in one year alone, how many 140s do they have out there? They would have a hard time proving "ability to pay."

His plan..

No, I dont think he wants to stay on in this company. Possibly just stay there for 1-2 years and then move on.

It is against the law to charge the employee H-1 filing fees or attorney's fees. Any immigration lawyer would advise the employer against it.

If the company is willing to do anything illegal right away, they probably would go further with a similar attitude once the employee starts work.

A lot of companies screw new immigrants - if someone gives up their job in India and comes to the US only to get a raw deal, I think it would be better to stay in India.

tennis11 said:
It is against the law to charge the employee H-1 filing fees or attorney's fees. Any immigration lawyer would advise the employer against it.

If the company is willing to do anything illegal right away, they probably would go further with a similar attitude once the employee starts work.

A lot of companies screw new immigrants - if someone gives up their job in India and comes to the US only to get a raw deal, I think it would be better to stay in India.

Tennis11, everyone knows it is against the law. So is speeding, but ppl still do it. Believe me, no matter what ppl say, it is still better to make money here than in India. consider the expense an opportunity/investment to possibly make more money!

Re-read my original question

Tennis11,

If you read my question, you will realize that my point in asking this was to see if this company was legit or not. I wanted to make sure that this company actually will use the money towards the H-1B

My advice on this issue

Hi Jigjawpussle,

My kind advise is that not to go with that company. Tell your friend to choose a company which is willing to sponsor H1 B, also willing to pay the air fare..

To my knowledge current scenario is bit scary thing. If paying and coming here is not so advisable rather than getting it for free. If he is interested i may ask some companies where the company will take care everything.

Please let your friend know about this option. Dont get cheated for this offer. Even though they had processed many h1b for the previous year..

He can come here through L1 (lot of companies does that) and see here, then he can decide about whether he need's H1 b. Also nowadays, clients are looking for US Experience.

Paywise for a fresher (non us experience) will be much lesser also.. Think about that..

Need more clarifications, feel free to post a message in this forum. i will help..

thanks

rgds,
VJ