HELP NEEDE -IEAD at San Jose recent experience

ramakriya

Registered Users (C)
Anyone who got the iEAD at San Jose please post their experience about what time they got in and out. How much was the crowd and any tips that may help me. My 90 days of waiting after receipt notice is over today and planning to go to INS San Jose tomorrow morning.

Thanks in adavance

Ramakriya

I got my iead at san jose center last week.
I went there at about 4:30 (that's right 4:30 AM) there are about 10 ppl ahead of me.
i got out of the office about 9:30 AM.

it's a straight forward, ins officers seems to be friendly.
just carry all the relevant docs and a copy of them in case.

note: if you do not (currently) live in the area that comes under san jose ins center, don't bother to go there. they don't give ead's in that case.

Does anyone know???

I applied for my EAD renewal and the RD is 01/02/03. With this rate thing look bleak for 485 approvals. Can someone let me know where the people who reside in fremont, California go fro IEAD/??

Is it OAKLAND? SAN JOSE?

Can you please provide the address for the related INS office.

Thanks
Tajindia

I would also like to know this but I beleive this SFO , I never heard that you can get iEAD from oakland. Oakland is for FP not for EAD or iEAD.

But let somebody confirm it.

FREMONT guys go to SFO for iEAD. San Jose is strictly not allowed.
(it is actullay enforced by the reception at SJ).

Robin_m please help me

Robin,

For INS purpose I am using a friend's address in San Jose. You said all the relevant documents, does that mean including lease papers etc... Please clarify.

Thanks
Junior_Member

I got iEAD on 12/30/02, went to there at 7AM sharp, there were about 100 pepople ahead of me, and come back at 2:30PM.

Got iEAD today

Got the iEAD at San Jose INS. Went there at 5.00 am (but would have not made much difference if I'd reached another 30 minutes later) There were 28 people in front of me when I stood in the line. But magically when the office opened at 7 am , the the number got doubled ! I guess for many people family members came in late. Got a token within 10 minutes after entering. Was called to service window at 9 am. Then another 40 minutes to get the picture and the card. Was out at 9:40 am.

Seems the only paper needed for getting iEAD is a copy of the receipt notice (to indicate 90 days have passed) and a fresh I-765 application. No fee needs to be paid. You do not have to take pictures too. They take it there.

Ramakriya