HELP!! need referral for immi lawyer in bay area for RFE response/AC21 (WAC 02-114-X)

karma700

Registered Users (C)
Finally saw some action on the case, though not so thrilling.. In an era of approvals, I got an RFE email notification. Waiting for actual RFE notice.

Details:
WAC: 02-114-5XXXX
2nd FP : Jan 04
LUD: 5/4, 6/8, RFE on 6/9

I changed jobs, so unless the RFE is for birth certficates etc, I will also have to file for an AC21 in RFE response. Well, interesting days ahead ;-)

I AM IN BAY AREA.. ANY LAWYER REFERRALS APPRECIATED!!! There are plenty of websites who can list the lawyers, but its nice to work with a referred lawyer, whom I know has a quick turnaround time and has dealt with similar cases successfully.

Does Rajiv Khanna have a bay area presence?

Reply to Kulfi

Kulfi said:
Did you notify CSC about the change of Employer?

No, was hoping to get approved without filing AC21... So not I will have to file AC21 along with RFE.

Karma700,

I have a question: when you changed your job, were your lawyers changed? I mean original lawyer should be from previous employer and current lawyer should be from your current employer,right? So when you changed the lawyer, you need to notify INS, at that time, you didn't file AC21?

Thanks.

Reply to Rockstone

rockstone said:
Karma700,

I have a question: when you changed your job, were your lawyers changed? I mean original lawyer should be from previous employer and current lawyer should be from your current employer,right? So when you changed the lawyer, you need to notify INS, at that time, you didn't file AC21?

Thanks.

Yes the lawyers changed when I shifted jobs, but I havent hired a new lawyer yet (and my new company doesnt provide one. My old lawyer was kind enough (ironically kind ;-) to forward me any INS mails, though I also got all INS notices. I had been filing my own EAD's and AP's.

Filing AC21 is NOT REQUIRED when you change jobs. It can be debated either way whether it is recommended to do so or not. I decided not to then, I think I should have.

Did you process a new H1 under the new Employer. If yes then that is probably what triggered the RFE.
My new Employer's Attorney was saying that I may get an RFE since they will figure out that I switched the jobs since I got a new H1 from my new company.

Also she said that I need to let CSC know that I swtched the Job

Reply to Kulfi

Kulfi said:
Did you process a new H1 under the new Employer. If yes then that is probably what triggered the RFE.
My new Employer's Attorney was saying that I may get an RFE since they will figure out that I switched the jobs since I got a new H1 from my new company.

Also she said that I need to let CSC know that I swtched the Job

Nope.. no H1's. I was using EAD. It was a random RFE generation. They wouldnt have known. Lawyers have a tendency to say AC21 is required. Do not blindly believe the lawyers ;-)

LOOKS LIKE NOT MANY PEOPLE HIRED THEIR OWN LAWYERS.. Not even a single reco so far!!!

Lawyer

karma700 said:
Finally saw some action on the case, though not so thrilling.. In an era of approvals, I got an RFE email notification. Waiting for actual RFE notice.

Details:
WAC: 02-114-5XXXX
2nd FP : Jan 04
LUD: 5/4, 6/8, RFE on 6/9

I changed jobs, so unless the RFE is for birth certficates etc, I will also have to file for an AC21 in RFE response. Well, interesting days ahead ;-)

I AM IN BAY AREA.. ANY LAWYER REFERRALS APPRECIATED!!! There are plenty of websites who can list the lawyers, but its nice to work with a referred lawyer, whom I know has a quick turnaround time and has dealt with similar cases successfully.

Does Rajiv Khanna have a bay area presence?

Check out www.fleischut.com, Vernadette Antonio is a really good lawyer in Menlo Park. We have used their services for the past 5 years for our H1 as well as GC.
Sumili

GOOD LAWYERS & PARALEGALS

I recommend KORENBERG, ABRAMOWITZ & FELDUN. They have a branch in the Bay area. They are good & will not let you go even if you have paid them the full amount, they are with you along the looong wait. All of them from my lawyer to the paralegal assigned to my case are all responsible & caring. Whenever I called them & even if their voice mail picked up, reassured they did call me back. I also believe that the fee is lower than many leading immigration law offices & they have affordable pay plans. Try it, give them a call, consultation is free. Or go to their website. :)

Approved 07/01/04
WAC 021745----
3EAD
1FP