Help need on H4 stamping

skali

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

I need your valuable inputs in my case.

We are trying to make an appointment in chennai consulate for h1,h4 stamping in March'06. during the process, I found that my wife's passport is going to expire in Oct'06.

1. Is that okey we can get a stamp in this passport and apply for the new passport later? if so, how long they will issue visa in the old passport ( extension is approved until Jan'08).

2. will they approve the visa only upto the date of old passport expiration date?

3. should we get the new passport before going for stamping?. why i am asking is, we can apply new passport only after oct'05 and the waiting time is 5 months in the consulate according to their visa waiting time. They clearly mentioned in the site, once we made the appointment we cannot change any information in the form.

anybody ran into this situation? what you your experience and suggestions?
Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
skali.

skali said:
Hi Gurus,

I need your valuable inputs in my case.

We are trying to make an appointment in chennai consulate for h1,h4 stamping in March'06. during the process, I found that my wife's passport is going to expire in Oct'06.

1. Is that okey we can get a stamp in this passport and apply for the new passport later? if so, how long they will issue visa in the old passport ( extension is approved until Jan'08).

2. will they approve the visa only upto the date of old passport expiration date?

3. should we get the new passport before going for stamping?. why i am asking is, we can apply new passport only after oct'05 and the waiting time is 5 months in the consulate according to their visa waiting time. They clearly mentioned in the site, once we made the appointment we cannot change any information in the form.

anybody ran into this situation? what you your experience and suggestions?
Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
skali.
i think its one of the USA visa requirement that your passport should be valid for 6 months from the visa issuance date. you may not get the visa if its less than 6 months

hi,

i hope u have time for attending the visa, u said it is in mar'206. pl take a new passport now itself. u can Renewal passport before 6 months of the expire date.
i hope there is an thathkal service is available for the renewal. i hope it will take just one day or two. pl find out from the passport office and get it done now go for the stamping. once u have a stamping in old and if u apply for a new one later u have to face some problems. pl renewal now and apply for the visa with new passport.

bye

My husband was in the same situation. We went in May and his passport was going to expire next January. He got the visa stamped because it was more than 6 months but when we entered to the U.S. they gave them an i-94 only until January. He had to renew the passport and go out from U.S... entered again to extend his i-94.
Now he has his visa in the old passport and a new passport. There is no problem with this but it was hard because he needed to make another trip to get the i-94.
I recommend you to get a new passport now.