Help...need info!!

ranGC

Registered Users (C)
I was following the Mumbai and Delhi US consulate appointments for past few months. They usually post the interview appointment dates by 15 th of previous month. This particular month, they haven't released any dates till now. Today being the 20th, its already 5 days late. Has it ever happened before?
My file is in Mumbai consulate for past 1.5 months, and my PD being Dec 2002, EB2, I was looking forward to interview nxt month. With the new Dec visa bulletin, and EB2 retrogating, my dates would be current only till end of Nov. So this late releasing of interview appointment schedule is killing me.

december is Jan 2002

For december EB2 retrogate to Jan, 2002 therefore I think you wouldn't be able to get interview dates in December. Your date should be current to get interviews.:(

Even I thought so, with December dates retrogating. Talked to my lawyer about it, according to him, my dates are current till end of november, so the consulate can request and allocate a visa till end of november, and the interview date they can have any time. Its only for allocation of visa nos, my dates need to be current. And since my file has been in consulate from early october, I am hoping and praying that they allocate a visa no. So this waitng for appointment schedule is killing me.

best of luck

My wishes are with you. I am also stuck with Eb2 june 2004 and unfortunately applied for cp DURING aUG 2007. Now there is no hope to have this date current brfore 1 year atleast.

I know what you mean. In fact when December bulletin came in, I was thinking of filing for I-485 since my dates are current in nov, with that atleast my wife could get the EAD facility. But my lawyer was against the move of filing I-485, according to him if we don't get appointment now the wait should be 4-5 months, he believes dates would move, if not now at the most in April-May. Whereas with I-485, it would be atleast 5-8 yrs. Jan 2002, is too very far back for EB-2. Lets hope for the best and best of Luck to you too.

your lawer gives any update

Could you please tell me what your lawer says about EB2 movement. As per my lawer dates may retrogate again. she said during this July-Aug filing - I didn't file even a single case in EB3 all were in Eb2. Now you can imagine the situation of EB2:mad:

What your lawyer might be saying it might be true, that there were lot of EB2 filing in june- july period, but that shouldn't really hamper any of EB2 movement.
Say, if most of the june- july filers were first time filers, their PD's will be that of 2006-2007, because Eb2 was current till 2004-2005. Now, if it was filers from pre 2005, it would mostly be BEC filers. Now with BEC filers, most of them were EB3, because earlier before the retrogession started, being EB2 or EB3 was very much the same, it really didn't make much of a difference.
Among the BEC filers there will be very few who would be refiling as EB2, for that either they had to withdraw their case from BEC and refile as EB2 under perm, and if the application would be accepted, then they could retain their earlier priority date, and for the case to be reviewed and approved it used to take over a year atleast. So, I doubt if there were too many of such cases. Then there was another method, i.e to get I-140 approved and use the PD portability law. For that to happen, after I-140 is approved, one has to file and start a complete new case all over again. I-140 itself used to take good time to get approved, and the whole process is quite complicated, its easier to wait for Priority dates to move than go for it, there wouldn't be many employers willing to go through such procedures and refiling for the same candidate. And then there were some BEC ppl whose came out early from BEC Q, when they filed for I-140, most of them must have mentioned AOS rather than CP, with bulletin Priority dates sliding to and fro, most of them didn't want their file sitting in consulate for yrs, most of them wanted to avail EAD option.

So most of the EB2 filers in June july are from the current crop of recent filers, so that shouldn't really effect the PD date movement, in next few yrs this massive EB2 filing will have its effect, not now.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for update

Thanks for update GC but my concern is if not more EB2 came in the picture then how come they retrogate the dates of EB2 to Jan'2002 although it was current for Apr,2004 for atleast 3-4 months.

And now they are saying that 40% qouta is already over in EB2 category therefore I personally feel that there could be more cases of dates portability from EB3 to EB2.

Anyway there is nothing in our hands we can just give our views.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING. and keep us update about your interview date.

Most of them have been used for I-485 cases, files which was already with them for 2-3 yrs, where namecheck and rest of the work was completed. Anyways like you said its all guess work with its and bits of info from USCIS.

Pl call Mumbai and explain to them yr situation..

I hope you have all the docs ready (like Birth Cert, Employment Offer, PCC, H1/H4 approvals, Salary slips, Tax papers, Affid of Support, Marriage Cert etc etc). I suggest you call Mumbai Consulate and explain your situation. I think they understand your predicament will help you. I was in a similar situ and things went so smoothly at the Consulate, now I have to pinch myself to believe that it is all over! So, talk to them and LISTEN to them. It will turn out fine. Best of Luck. Keep us posted. I have seen a few cases where even after retrogression of dates, the consulates go ahead and issue visas if they have obtained the numbers. I am sure yours will be one like those!

H

I was following the Mumbai and Delhi US consulate appointments for past few months. They usually post the interview appointment dates by 15 th of previous month. This particular month, they haven't released any dates till now. Today being the 20th, its already 5 days late. Has it ever happened before?
My file is in Mumbai consulate for past 1.5 months, and my PD being Dec 2002, EB2, I was looking forward to interview nxt month. With the new Dec visa bulletin, and EB2 retrogating, my dates would be current only till end of Nov. So this late releasing of interview appointment schedule is killing me.