Help need for Expidite RTD

eljay

Registered Users (C)
I sent my RTD applications ( for me and my family members) and got confermations two days ago.

Purpose of our trip is to visit my mom who is sick now.

But today I got an email and a phone call from my brother, saying that her condition is very critical and at least I should come to visit her immediately.

Now my mom is in emergency room in Singapore where mu brother lives. It is not my COP. (Country of Origin.)

Q-1: Is there any way to expedite the process of our RTDs , or at least mine?

Q-2: My original passport was expired and can I travel only with RTD to Singapore.
What is the visa requirments to Singapore for RTD?

Q-3: Currently my I-485 is pending. Is it O.K. to travel without advance parole?

Q-4: If my RTD takes too long, Is it possible to visit nearest USCIS office and get a advance perol document to travel immedietly?

Quick responce appreciated.

Thanks.

I got an answer for one of my question through another posting. I can travel to singapore with only RTD without Visa.

Please give me answers for other questions.

Thanks

Q-1: Is there any way to expedite the process of our RTDs , or at least mine?
Yes, the fastes and easier way to do it is contacting your congressman office and explain them your situation, the officer encharge of immigration problems will be able to help expedite YOUR travel document.... I did it last month and I got my RTD in 10 days. (I dont think they will do it for the whole family).
Make sure that you take some documents from the hospital or something that shows that your mom is very ill, without document/evidence, your chances of expediting your RTD thru the congressman are less.
Before, I did fax and called NSC myself and they ignored my requests, even when I include several letters from my school's director.

Q-2: My original passport was expired and can I travel only with RTD to Singapore. What is the visa requirments to Singapore for RTD?
I dont think Singapore recognize RTD, but I am not sure....you should call the consulate.

Q-3: Currently my I-485 is pending. Is it O.K. to travel without advance parole?
YOU DONT NEED/QUALIFY FOR ADVANCE PAROLEE.
AS LONG AS you have a valid RTD, thats all you need.

Q-4: If my RTD takes too long, Is it possible to visit nearest USCIS office and get a advance perol document to travel immedietly?
I dont think they do that anymore... and I dont think that you qualify for one, anyhow, it will take pretty much the same time (3 months) to get one from CIS

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I know about my congressman., I live in Olney, MD. If any one knows, please help me.
Are they open on Sun Days?

I am expediting my case through a house representative. You can find your rep by going to www.house.gov and typing in your ZIP+4 additional digits.
They are very helpful and understanding.