schak

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

Our (my and my wife) status are as follows
---------------------------
I-140 ND Jan 3, 2003
I-485 ND Oct. 24, 2003
I-140 AD Jan 27, 2004
FP Jan 6, 2004 (our online status has updated to " received the reports of your FP. The processing of your case has been resumed." )

I-485 AD ?????
-----------------------------

Here the problem:

I have enquired about our FBI Name check status by email on last Oct. 2004.
Today I got a mail saying that
" They received our name check enquiry from USCIS on Nov.5, 2003.
My name check is pending since Nov. 5, 2003.
However, my wife's name check is completed on Nov.5, 2003"

Since I am the primary applicant, our case will not start processing untill my name check is done.
Please let me know whom to contact in FBI to expediate my case?
Does forum has any phone number of FBI supervisor regarding the name check. Please pass it to me.

Please help.

Unfortunately FBI does not expedite name check process even if they get requests from senator's.

Do you remember the exact date you sent an email to FBI?

I got this information from this forum:

You can send an expedite request for name check if
· Severe financial loss to company or individual.
· Extreme emergent situation.
· Humanitarian situation.
· Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social
interests of the United States.
· Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from
official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our
Government.)
USCIS error.
· Compelling interest of USCIS.

with proof of the same.

The above guidelines, as per my knowledge, are to expedite I-485 too as well. However, do anybody has idea how to solve the pending FBI-namecheck other than waiting?

Do any body has phone number of fbi-namecheck so that I can talk to them?

I think TSC is the only one that can send an expedite request to FBI. I'm in the same boat, hopefully some miracle.

I met with the offiicer at TSC this morning and my case is still pending due to name check that has not been approved by FBI since 5/7/2003 and the IO told me specifically not to contact FBI either directly or indirectly since it will delay the processing of my name check even further. This is doesn't make sense to me. It will be 2 yrs in may and I have gone through 2nd ead/AP and FP.

I tried the FOIPA and it shows no record found. According to IO, they can't expedite the process, other than waiting.

so any clue, what we should do next?

Not received any information from FBI

Guys,
I am kind of wondering that I sent two emails one in November 2004 and one in December also I sent a fax to FBI in January 2005 and I have not received any information about my name check. What this means, is I have name check problem too. Or FBI's are slow in returning the emails??

Thanks

they are slow. Give it 3 months. I sent a mail on 12th oct and got no reply. Sent another on 22nd oct and got a reply on 29th Jan. If u have not received a reply it doesnt mean your name check is stuck.

Cheers

Tanjar