Help N-400 Part 10 Affiliation 8a and 8b Questions

sfbayguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am nearly ready to apply for natz (have been eligible for some time) and had a couple of questions re: N-400 Part 10 Affiliation 8a and 8b.

1. Do you check "yes" for Part 10 question 8a (Have you ever been a member of ....a club, association, society or similar in the US or elsewhere?) if you've been a member of industry/scientific organizations while you were a student or later during professional career?

An example of such an organization could be IEEE for some of you electrical engineers out there.

2. If you answer yes to 8a and then you list the individuals organizations in 8b, what sort of additional information do you provide on this supplemental sheet. This question arises since the instructions for Part 10 state that if any questions from 1 to 14 is answered "yes" a written explanation is to be provided re: why asnwer was yes and additional info that helps your answer.

Any of you folks that may have answered yes to Part 10, 8a your suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

I listed 5 professional assoc and provided no evidence..They are not interested unless you belong to organizations that are on watch list. Listing or not listing has no impact on ctz.

desi111 said:
I listed 5 professional assoc and provided no evidence..They are not interested unless you belong to organizations that are on watch list. Listing or not listing has no impact on ctz.

desi111:
Thanks for sharing your information.

Any other folks out there that did the same or took a different approach?

I listed 6 professional associations (which were also listed on my I-485 application). I listed stating professional and then American Society of Professional Engineers and so on...

I agree with desi111, they don't need additional evidence or documents as they all are professional organizations.

Hope this helps.

03N400APPLICANT