Help: N-400 Interview Scheduled in September but will move to another state in August

DONZ

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I need your kind suggestions regarding this sticky situation. My N-400 interview is scheduled at local office in upcoming September but I will move to another state in August. Please share your experience/hearsay and potential implications and thanks alot. :confused:

You could request your oath on the same exact date of your interview. This would solve all your "potential" problems and delays.

Wait a minute...I take this back you are moving before your interview. I would suggest you wait on moving if you can. If you move your app. will be transferred and who now how long that could take.

Changing state by itself may hot have any impact on the District Office serving your location. For example both North Dakota and South Dakota are served by the St Paull MN District Office - so if you moved from North Dakota to South Dakota it would have no bearing on you rinterview.

You probably mean that in your case changing state would change your District Office as well...

Thank you

Guys,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply and I really appreciate your time and effort. Just have my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Dear Friends,

I need your kind suggestions regarding this sticky situation. My N-400 interview is scheduled at local office in upcoming September but I will move to another state in August. Please share your experience/hearsay and potential implications and thanks alot. :confused:
Generally,

One has to establish residency in the State where the Interview is held.

So if you move in August you could potentially delay your Citizenship by a tleast 3-6 months.

Try your hardest to not move till September. Otherwise hope for the best.