Help..My I-485 case has been transfered to the local office

qaiser

Registered Users (C)
The last update on my I-485 stated :

" we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our (Local office )for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action "

Any idea guys on what does this mean. Is it gonna be an interview or what. I am scared... Please help

Hi ,
There is nothing to worry about . The only thing is , when your case is transfered to local office , that maibe will delay a little your case !!! It can be adjudicated there with or without interview , but likely you'll have an interview in case something is missing from your file !!! Hopefully will not affect your case to much , and your local office will process your case faster !!! Good luck !!!

Mine was transfered to , long time ago (almost 2 years) but to a diferent location , and i'm still waiting for them to send me an answer !!! I hope that you do not have to go thru this !!!

Good luck , and do not worry , just stay on top of them !!!

If your case is transfered to local office, you will definitely have an interview but there is nothing to worry as long as your file/documents is complete. It will only delay the processing. Mine was transfered 1/31/04 ,was interviewed 9/21/2005 & was approved only last week. Please see my signature. Goodluck.

Not definitely - I got transferred to the Seattle local office and did not have an interview. I got approved 2 months and a half after the transfer.