Help me with U.S passport requirements please

Gio123m

Hi, My name is Gio. I recently filled the N-400 form and it got denied because they told me when I came to the U.S I was 15 and my dad was already U.S naturalized , so I may be considered an American citizen? I was going to apply for the N-600 form but it's another $600. After I took the civic test at the interview for the N-400 form the lady told me I passed the test, but my application might get denied because when I came to the U.S I was 15 and my dad was already U.S naturalized.
Now I'm trying to get a U.S passport because I haven't visit my mom in a long time.
So I made some research and I found this post in this forum "htp://forums.immigration.com/threads/n-600-application-what-documents-should-i-submit.292517/" and there is this part "
I called the USPS about Passport Application for my children and I was told that they need to see their Citizenship Certificates, and that they can not accept their Green Cards. If it's possible to directly apply for U.S. passport for my children what documents should I present as the basis of their automatic citizenship? My Certificate of Citizenship and U.S. passport? This is what I don't understand....they said children under 18 automatically acquires US citizenship once the parent became one but then they ask to apply for N-600. Why is it like that if it's automatic? I don't get it....and N-600 application is so expensive. I wish I could really just apply for passports for my children but they require their Citizenship Certificates. What choice do I have?
This is unheard of.. the USPS person who gave you this information is clearly mistaken. I applied for my foreign born son's passport on the day I naturalized. I applied at a local US post office. Only thing I needed was his birth certificate, his green card, my Nat certificate and the completed application form DS-11+fees+photos. I got his passport in 3 weeks. I have not filed N-600 for him.
Try going to a nearby post office. The Passport form clearly states what is required. Please review the instructions on DS-11 form. I show the relevant portion from DS-11 here:

b. APPLICANTS BORN OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES: Submit a previous U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Report of Birth Abroad, or evidence described below.
1) If You Claim Citizenship Through Naturalization Of Parent(s): Submit the Certificate(s) of Naturalization of your parent(s), your foreign birth certificate, and proof of your admission to the United States for permanent residence.

I am claiming citizenship through naturalization of my dad only. My mom lives in another country. So far I have my foreign birth certificate, my green card, and my dad has his certificate of naturalization, but he lives in Florida and I live in Missouri. I want to know if I need to submit his original certificate or just a copy? If it's the original do they give the certificate back :D ?
Then I went to the U.S passport requirements website and I found this "
If you claim citizenship through birth abroad to at least one U.S. citizen parent: Submit a Consular Report of Birth (Form FS-240), Certification of Birth (Form DS-1350 or
FS-545), or your foreign birth certificate (and official translation if the document is not in English), proof of U.S. citizenship of your parent, your parents' marriage certificate, and
an affidavit showing all of your U.S. citizen parents' periods and places of residence/physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth.
Do I really need to translate my birth certificate from Spanish to English? and where do I do that? and what's that affidavit and where can my father get one? I want to know what I really need this time! I talked to the guy from the USPS but he was clueless about it.

I'll probably apply for the N-600 form later. A passport will be a little bit more useful for me for now.
Thanks for the help.
PS: I'm 21 years old.

You submit the originals, and they mail it back.

You looked at the wrong section; you are not a U.S. citizen at birth abroad.

From the DS-11 passport application:
If you claim citizenship through naturalization of parent(s): Submit the Certificate(s) of Naturalization of your parent(s), your foreign birth certificate (and official translation if the document is not in English), proof of your admission to the United States for permanent residence, and your parents' marriage/certificate and/or evidence that you were in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent, if applicable.

Thanks for your reply.
For this part "your parents' marriage/certificate and/or evidence that you were in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent, if applicable." My parents never got married. what should I submit to proof this? I heard I can get an admission document from high school? Maybe his tax transcripts since the year he claimed me as his dependent?
Thanks!